Windows 10: Photo app auto cropping image

Discus and support Photo app auto cropping image in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EricLepage4, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Photo app auto cropping image

I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to another computer and it shows fine there. I reviewed and the app settings are the same on both computers.Windows 10. HP DM4-1150CA. Just finished making sure windows and drivers are up-to-date with no changes.

:)

EricLepage4, Jun 22, 2021

2. Crop tool Photos App not working

Thank you for the information.

To help us isolate this further, kindly provide us the following information.

• What changes have you made prior to this issue?
    • To which program are you exactly using the crop tool? Photos App or Office 2016?
    • You mentioned crop tool is not working properly when Photos App is used. Have you tried to close it, and check if the issue persists?

If you are only experiencing the issue with Office 2016, kindly run the repair Office application by referring to the steps listed on this

link

However, if you are encountering it with Photos App only, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Jun 22, 2021
  3. CoUser Win User
    How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

Can anyone tell me how to crop images at the middle with Photos app like it is possible with Paint? I can only crop images using the Photos app but only in each side of the image, not at the center.

CoUser, Jun 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Photo app auto cropping image

How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

Just 'cos Photos is supplied with Windows doesn't mean you have to use it, or that it's the best. I've never cropped or edited a photo with it... I use Paint for preparing items to post here.

But
    Photo app auto cropping image [​IMG]
    click Edit

Photo app auto cropping image [​IMG]
    Click Crop & Rotate
    - and you're there.

dalchina, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Photo app auto cropping image

1. Photo app auto cropping image - Similar Threads - Photo app auto

2. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  6. how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop auto cropping thumbnail images on onedrive?: when i upload images to onedirve folder, it keeps cropping thumbnail images automatically.<<original image>><<thumbnail image>>The problme with this is that I can see the original image on my computer by opening the file, but there is no way to see it on IOS onedrive...
  7. Why is cropping an image in the Photos app so choppy and laggy?

Why is cropping an image in the Photos app so choppy and laggy?: I'm running Windows 10 on a home-built PC using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, AMD Radeon 570X graphics card, MSI motherboard, and 4K BenQ monitor using DP input. I've always noticed that when I click on a picture to view in the Photos app and then click Edit & Create and then use...
  8. Photos app - cropping is choppy

Photos app - cropping is choppy: This is a problem that I've had with my Windows 10 machine ever since I built it, even after I've changed motherboards and graphics cards, so I'm really stumped as to what's causing it. When I click on any photo to edit it in the default Windows 10 photos app, cropping the...
  9. Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all...
  10. How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?: Can anyone tell me how to crop images at the middle with Photos app like it is possible with Paint? I can only crop images using the Photos app but only in each side of the image, not at the center. 94759