Windows 10: Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Discus and support Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by acortes61, Sep 25, 2015.

1. acortes61 Win User

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Hello,

After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app.
    I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the same results: it opens , acts as if it is loading some pictures but it quits by itself after about 5-7 seconds.

If this helps, I am providing with an error report from Windows 10.

Any help you provide, it is greatly appreciated.

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.827.16340.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Application Name: praid:App
    Application Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Application Timestamp: 559f38c5
    Fault Module Name: combase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Fault Module Timestamp: 559f3aac
    Exception Code: 8007000f
    Exception Offset: 000000000018eed5
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4e04
    Additional Information 2: 4e04198441076616020be331832253ac
    Additional Information 3: 1162
    Additional Information 4: 1162a3e8923fc1b00fc7a4ba18acaa81

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 74a7c76a81240b32a6b223014a97a74e (133192349268)

:)

acortes61, Sep 25, 2015

2. Settings App crashes few seconds after opening.

The DISM step includes how to do this. Please read it all.

I'd go ahead and skip to the Repair Upgrade with latest media to save time.

DISM is only needed if SFC cannot repair System files.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Settings App crashes few seconds after opening.

Hi Greg,

I ran this command now :

And I get the following output. It asks for path.
    Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening [​IMG]

What do I do?

Should I replace .installlocation with a path to my C: drive or something?

Thanks!

AbhishekAN, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

DustSailor, Sep 25, 2015
  5. acortes61 Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. I did try other solutions like uninstalling/ reinstalling the Photos app with the same result; although now the app closes/quits after about 2-3 seconds.

I really hope Microsoft works on a solution to this headache.

Thanks again for your reply

acortes61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

1. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening - Similar Threads - Photo app crashes

2. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  3. Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!

Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!: I try opening my photos to preview them in the Windows 10 Photo app and it looks great for a second and then it adds a layer of grainy noise! These are JPGs. It also changes the look of RAW images that I open in the photo app as well... again, only a few seconds after...
  4. Photos App crashes shortly after opening.

Photos App crashes shortly after opening.: This is happening on my Surface 3. I've tried resetting it and uninstalling then reinstalling via power shell. The same thing happened on my desktop but reinstalling the app fixed it, not so on the Surface. Also, both machines don't list Photos in the Apps & Features list...
  5. App shuts down after few seconds of work

in Windows 10 Customization
    App shuts down after few seconds of work: A I use an app from ASUS, which is called "Asus Splendid". It enhances picture and I make color temperature warmer. And it worked fine while I was on 1709 but few weeks ago I updated to 1803 and this application doesn't start up with windows 10 so I have to launch it myself,...
  6. Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.

Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home 64-bit, in a Dell Inspiron, with Kaspersky Total Security antivirus. A few days ago, the Mail and Calendar app icons became blank, and now the applet crashes a few seconds after running it. I have tried uninstalling the antivirus, resetting...
  7. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  8. Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened

Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened: Title says it all, I just wanted to try paint3d, sketch book and mixed reality and they all seem to crash after few seconds. Even the Microsoft Store crashes like this sometimes 112042
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening: Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first...