Windows 10: Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Discus and support Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by acortes61, Sep 25, 2015.

1. acortes61 Win User

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Hello,

After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app.
    I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the same results: it opens , acts as if it is loading some pictures but it quits by itself after about 5-7 seconds.

If this helps, I am providing with an error report from Windows 10.

Any help you provide, it is greatly appreciated.

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.827.16340.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Application Name: praid:App
    Application Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Application Timestamp: 559f38c5
    Fault Module Name: combase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Fault Module Timestamp: 559f3aac
    Exception Code: 8007000f
    Exception Offset: 000000000018eed5
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4e04
    Additional Information 2: 4e04198441076616020be331832253ac
    Additional Information 3: 1162
    Additional Information 4: 1162a3e8923fc1b00fc7a4ba18acaa81

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 74a7c76a81240b32a6b223014a97a74e (133192349268)

:)

acortes61, Sep 25, 2015

2. Settings App crashes few seconds after opening.

The DISM step includes how to do this. Please read it all.

I'd go ahead and skip to the Repair Upgrade with latest media to save time.

DISM is only needed if SFC cannot repair System files.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Settings App crashes few seconds after opening.

Hi Greg,

I ran this command now :

And I get the following output. It asks for path.
    Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening [​IMG]

What do I do?

Should I replace .installlocation with a path to my C: drive or something?

Thanks!

AbhishekAN, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

DustSailor, Sep 25, 2015
  5. acortes61 Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. I did try other solutions like uninstalling/ reinstalling the Photos app with the same result; although now the app closes/quits after about 2-3 seconds.

I really hope Microsoft works on a solution to this headache.

Thanks again for your reply

acortes61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

1. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening - Similar Threads - Photo app crashes

2. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  3. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  4. Microsoft Photos app consistently crashing a few seconds after launch. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app consistently crashing a few seconds after launch. Help!: Hello there,I can't seem to be able to launch the built-in Photos app on my Windows 10 PC without it immediately crashing on me. I've tried the built-in repair and reset options in advanced settings, I've tried deleting the app through Powershell and reinstalling through...
  5. Microsoft Photos app consistently crashing a few seconds after launch. Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app consistently crashing a few seconds after launch. Help!: Hello there,I can't seem to be able to launch the built-in Photos app on my Windows 10 PC without it immediately crashing on me. I've tried the built-in repair and reset options in advanced settings, I've tried deleting the app through Powershell and reinstalling through...
  6. most apps crash a few seconds after opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    most apps crash a few seconds after opening them: most apps crash a few seconds after opening them including games or even windows programs like event viewer, this problem appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but disappeared a bit after i gave up trying to fix it when i accidently opened a game instead of opening...
  7. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started: Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae". Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and...
  8. Photos App crashes shortly after opening.

Photos App crashes shortly after opening.: This is happening on my Surface 3. I've tried resetting it and uninstalling then reinstalling via power shell. The same thing happened on my desktop but reinstalling the app fixed it, not so on the Surface. Also, both machines don't list Photos in the Apps & Features list...
  9. Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened

Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened: Title says it all, I just wanted to try paint3d, sketch book and mixed reality and they all seem to crash after few seconds. Even the Microsoft Store crashes like this sometimes 112042
  10. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening: Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first...