Windows 10: Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

Discus and support Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination..... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerardEngler, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to create a new folder to store the photos, a dialog window opens and I create the folder, when i click on "Add this folder to...." program crashes...... Or when I click on "Change Destination" a Dialog box called "Folder Suggestions" will open asking me to select an existing Folder, when I select one and click "Add Folder" nothing happens....Program use to have a feature that when the program opens it automatically created a folder labeled with to

:)

GerardEngler, Jun 15, 2021
  2. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Jun 15, 2021
  3. scrollz Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month.

I have followed instructions given on the forum here (Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination)
    but it has not solved the problem.

scrollz, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

Photos app crashes when trying to print

Does it crash if you try a different printer? Suggest you uninstall the printer driver then reinstall the latest driver. I guess you have uninstalled/reinstalled the Photos app? Have you tried the Store Apps Troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, chkdsk c; /f etc.?

Steve C, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

1. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination..... - Similar Threads - Photo App Crashes

2. Photos app - unable to change photos import destination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to change photos import destination: I am not able to change the destination of my pictures when importing using Photos. I was able to do this a few days ago but something changed. When I clicked on the change the destination button, I get a list of folders that I can use but when I select one, the app clocks...
  3. photo import destination changed

photo import destination changed: Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to create a new file and each time I import photos, I need to change the destination to the file. Why has this changed? It is a...
  4. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  5. Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.: Hi, I googled this subject and noticed many other people had the same problem, but I did not see any satisfactory answers, At the moment I can only download to "pictures" on the "C" drive. Could I just move "pictures" to another drive or folder?...
  6. Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination: Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month. I have followed instructions given on the forum here...
  7. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Unable to change the import destination in photos: Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen....
  8. Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination: during an import, I click on Import Settings -> Change the Import destination. I select an existing folder in my Pictures directory. Windows Photos closes....
  9. Cannot Change Destination of Apps

Cannot Change Destination of Apps: Currently I cannot change the destination of new apps that I download on to my computer. The box that says "New apps will save to" is greyed out. This is a brand new computer. Please help! 43377
  10. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...