Windows 10: Photo App creating duplicates

Discus and support Photo App creating duplicates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim Custis, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Photo App creating duplicates

When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?

:)

Tim Custis, Mar 1, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Lumia 625- duplicate entries of songs and photos - not able to creat playlist!

Hi GANESHKUMAR ARUMUGAM,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you have an issue with duplicates songs and you cannot create playlist on your Nokia Lumia 625.

Also, you have duplicate photos. In this situation, I would suggest to try steps from this Wiki article:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...res-when/b0710655-b257-4dc0-9847-a026e33aa530

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Mar 1, 2019
  4. Photo App creating duplicates

How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Photo App creating duplicates

1. Photo App creating duplicates - Similar Threads - Photo App creating

2. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  3. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  4. Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App creates duplicate images when copy/pasting to Gmail: Hello All,I wanted to see if I can get some assistance with an issue that I cant seem to resolve.Basically, I have a client that pastes images into a new gmail email but the images get duplicated, as if they were pasted in twice.The workflow is the user has program that opens...
  5. Best Duplicate Photo Free App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Duplicate Photo Free App?: Trying to delete some duplicate photos on my CPU. What's the best free app to use that will delete a lot at a time. I tried a few apps, but then they want me to upgrade in order to delete more than 10 photos. Just wondering. Any help is appreciative. Thanks! submitted by...
  6. Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates: Hi All Windows Photos appears to be importing duplicates onto my computer through the use of the import function. To be clear I am not seeing duplicates within the 'Photos' app nor am i linked to any cloud accounts. The issue is that I use my images for work quite a bit...
  7. a PC Photo Duplicate APP

a PC Photo Duplicate APP: Has anyone found a PHOTO DUPLICATE APP for (Windows) PC...that works? I had found a great one 2 years ago. It is no longer available. Thank you. I have 100,000+ photos and can NOT find any Programs/Apps that locates Dupes. Thank you! n Nashville...
  8. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84
  9. "Ultimate Photo Duplicate Finder" APP

"Ultimate Photo Duplicate Finder" APP: I purchased the "Ultimate Photo Finder". After running it, ALL of the photos and videos are absent from their original folders. I searched and found the "PHOTODUPLICATE" folder, but I can not look at any of the videos or photos in this folders. I'm assuming it moved every...
  10. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos: I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh'...