Windows 10: Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

Discus and support Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cdomoreira, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right arrows are not shown.Please, I'd like some help on this issue. Thanks in advance.Regards,Cdomoreira

:)

Cdomoreira, Aug 27, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos app and scrolling issue

Hi, should work...does for me. Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling Photos?

Presumably scrolling works elsewhere.

A couple of other people have reported this issue here- unresolved.

This one suggests an issue with a Logitech mouse:
    Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Aug 27, 2021
  4. cheeesus Win User

Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

1. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos. - Similar Threads - Photo app doesn't

2. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  3. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  4. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting...
  5. Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app

Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app: Hello! I work a lot with photos. If you have a folder full of photos, you normally can open a photo with the photos app and then go through all the photos contained in that folder by swiping or clicking or using the arrow keys. Yesterday I got the 2004 update, and since...
  6. Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next

Photos app sometimes doesn't show previous and next: Every month I take all pictures that have been created with the different phones in our household and I put them in one central place. Then I want to quickly go through them and delete the pictures we don't want to keep. Previously I used the Windows Photo Viewer to do this,...
  7. Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files

Factory Installed Microsoft Photos No Arrow to Scroll to Next Photo, BUT only Certain Files: I have Windows 10 with pre-installed Microsoft Photos. For some reason, on some files, when I open a photo there is no arrow to scroll to the next or previous photo. Currently I have to close the photo and select the next one to view it. I've looked everywhere on line for...
  8. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  9. Photos app and scrolling issue

Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...
  10. Photo Scroll

Photo Scroll: Just wondering if there's a way to make Photos scroll in/out with the scroll wheel on the mouse like Win 7? Using win10 stock photo viewer 54374

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 photos cant go to next photo