Windows 10: Photo app import issue

Discus and support Photo app import issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I plug my iPhone in, my computer usually tries to import all the images and video files from the iPhone irrespective of those that have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KariPike, Dec 7, 2018.

1. KariPike Win User

Photo app import issue

When I plug my iPhone in, my computer usually tries to import all the images and video files from the iPhone irrespective of those that have been imported before. Sometimes it looks like it is trying to import broken images or corrected versions but turned upside down. I cannot select what I what to import because I get all the library from the phone.

:)

KariPike, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Importing from photos

Hi Carole,

To better assist you with regard to scanning and importing photos on Photos app. Kindly provide the following:

• Is your printer connected through wired or wireless connection?
    • When did the issue occur?
    • What is the exact error that you get when importing photos?
    We suggest you to refresh the connection of the printer.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photo app import issue

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Photo app import issue

1. Photo app import issue - Similar Threads - Photo app import

2. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  3. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  4. Importing Images to Photos App

Importing Images to Photos App: Winver: 1909 (18363.1256) I am new to Win 10. I want to import an image from the desktop into the Photos app to edit it, but can't figure out how to do so. 171083
  5. BIG Importing Photos Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIG Importing Photos Issue: As of last month's system update, was the ability to delete photos after importing completely removed altogether? It's no longer available in Import Options and the files aren't immediately deleted after being imported like they were long ago either. If it has been removed,...
  6. Issues importing photos from my phone to microsoft photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues importing photos from my phone to microsoft photo app: Hi, Just wondering if any one can help me. For some reason when I'm trying to import photos from my phone to my laptop on the app it freezes. It finds my phone ok and starts finding the photos and then it freezes, eventually closing the app without importing them. I have...
  7. Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app

Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app: I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my phone, opened the photos app and began to import the images. I left it to do it's thing and I returned to this message. The...
  8. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  9. No import option in Photos App

No import option in Photos App: As it the title, I have no option import displayed in Photo App, has anybody experienced anything like that and know how to fix this? Thanks Adam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-import-option-in-photos-app/a5775f41-d8ba-487c-86a7-2b999ec1062a
  10. photo app as no import button!!

photo app as no import button!!: Have just put windows 10 on my pc downloaded all updates up to 12th July 2018, found that there is no import button in the photo app looked in every folder their is just no way to import from any device I plug in..have also updated all drivers for my mobile devices. Have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo import issue