Windows 10: Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!

Discus and support Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try opening my photos to preview them in the Windows 10 Photo app and it looks great for a second and then it adds a layer of grainy noise! These are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by soulfood2go, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!

I try opening my photos to preview them in the Windows 10 Photo app and it looks great for a second and then it adds a layer of grainy noise!
    These are JPGs.

It also changes the look of RAW images that I open in the photo app as well... again, only a few seconds after opening. When I first open them they look great, and then it changes.

What can I do to fix this issue?

:)

soulfood2go, Feb 4, 2020

2. Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

Here's how to add text to JPEG photos in Windows 10 ... step by step ... cookbook ...

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add the 'Paint' Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’ ap
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse to select photo to adjust
    • Click and scroll-mouse to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text.
    • Left-click on picture and drag to set text box for text. … OR … Left-click on picture to set upper-left corner, ready for text. Box will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter.
    • Enter text … use return for next line.
    • Click-cursor over text to change “Color 1” or font size
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text! If you do make an irrecoverable mistake, re-open the JPEG and don’t save the bummer file when prompted.
    • ‘Save’ over over old file … OR … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’
    • DONE!

Johnmuir2014, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!

Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

The Microsoft team suggests we use the Windows 10 'PAINT' ap. This is what I found works. Very cumbersome. Very slow. Very poor solution!

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add Paint Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse and select photo to adjust
    • ‘View’ … zoom out to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text. New ‘text’ tab opens up at top of control menus.
    • Left-click on picture (but don’t drag) to set upper left corner or a text box which will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter. Nothing happens yet … be patient.
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text!
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • ‘File’ … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’

Johnmuir2014, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening!

1. Photo app in Windows 10 adding an added layer of grain/noise a few seconds after opening! - Similar Threads - Photo app adding

2. Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App: Friends, I am looking to be able to add seconds to the world clocks for the "alarms and clock apps". Not sure if its possible? I know we are able to show the seconds in the SYSTEM clock by using the regedit function, now i would like to be able to have that same functionality...
  3. Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App: Friends, I am looking to be able to add seconds to the world clocks for the "alarms and clock apps". Not sure if its possible? I know we are able to show the seconds in the SYSTEM clock by using the regedit function, now i would like to be able to have that same functionality...
  4. Adding Seconds to "Alarms & Clock" App

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Adding apps to windows 10 photos

Adding apps to windows 10 photos: Is there some registry hack or third party program that will allow me to add other apps/programs to the share option in windows 10 photos? I installed windows 10 to a new SSD and since then windows mail app will not work for me. I have started to use mailbird and enjoy it....
  6. Adding apps to windows 10 photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding apps to windows 10 photos: Is there some registry hack or third party program that will allow me to add other apps/programs to the share option in windows 10 photos? I installed windows 10 to a new SSD and since then windows mail app will not work for me. I have started to use mailbird and enjoy it....
  7. Adding music in Microsoft Photo App

Adding music in Microsoft Photo App: I am trying to add music file to a single photo using Microsoft Photo App (Windows 10). I read the "how to" and watched videos, but am still clearly missing something. Here's the problem: I adjusted the duration of the picture on storyboard to match the length of the song...
  8. Adding second display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding second display: I am trying to connect a second monitor to my Inspiron 13 tablet using an HDMI cable. How do I get this to work? The monitor is on, but I am not finding anywhere in settings on the tablet it add it....
  9. Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening

Windows Photo Viewer crashes after a few seconds after opening: Greetings, I'm somewhat attached to the old Windows Photo Viewer and prefer to keep using it on Win 10. Nevertheless, just today it started freezing after a few seconds. So I manage to view image 1, then "next" image 2, and then it won't move. If I just open the first...
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...