Windows 10: Photo app just hangs on save as or save

Discus and support Photo app just hangs on save as or save in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi EveryoneI have seen this question asked elsewhere and where there are solutions I have tried them. Microsoft photos works fine for import of a photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by katedingley, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Photo app just hangs on save as or save

Hi EveryoneI have seen this question asked elsewhere and where there are solutions I have tried them. Microsoft photos works fine for import of a photo and editing it. then when I click either save or save as it just whirs round and round forever.What I have done to date:-1. uninstalled KB5004945 update as it was preventing me from doing anything in Windows apps. It is paused for 7 days at present2. I found ms photos under windows apps and tried repair. Then I tried reset. Then I uninstalled the add ins.3. I switched off onedrive, then on again, checking each time. I checked space used in oned

:)

katedingley, Jul 12, 2021

2. Saving photos

Hi DustinHennin,

First, congratulations on being one of the first folks to get the elusive Samsung ATIV S.

Would you please elaborate as to what app you're using to view photos and what steps you're taking in order to save the photos?

For instance, if I'm in the People hub and see a pic someone posted that I want to save to my phone:

• I simply tap on the photo and it brings it to another screen.
    • Then I tap the ellipses (...) at the bottom of the screen and choose save to phone.
    • Next, I go back to my Start screen and tap on Photos.
    • Tap on albums.
    • Tap on Save Pictures.
    • My latest photo that I saved should be there at the top.

Here's some more information about
    Photos on Windows Phone

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Images not saving in Windows Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• How did you tried saving the photos?

• What is the status when you try to save the photos? Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to run an app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run App Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to go through the below article and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Photo app just hangs on save as or save

save photo from email

Hi Roz,

We suggest that you add your save/download file location to Sources under
    Photos app Settings, so that after downloading the attachment from your email it will automatically sync to the Photos app. Follow the steps below to add a folder in Sources:

• Open Photos app > Click the three dot icon on the upper right >
      Settings.
    • Select Add a folder under Sources > Choose a folder location >
      Add this folder to Pictures.
    To categorize your photos, you may create an album to organize it. Click this
    link
    to learn how to organized into albums.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Regile Reb, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Photo app just hangs on save as or save

1. Photo app just hangs on save as or save - Similar Threads - Photo app hangs

2. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  3. Photos app stuck on saving

Photos app stuck on saving: Photos app stuck on saving when saving to network drive. It does save but saving screen never goes away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-stuck-on-saving/0ab02d48-13f8-4342-9f78-420be7d5918f
  4. Photos App is hanging up when saving changes

Photos App is hanging up when saving changes: This bug started a few days ago, after editing a JPEG, proceed to save the changes, the program stays in a constant saving mode and will not reset showing the changes. Close the file, go to file manager , open the file and the changes are saved.Right now I have to open each...
  5. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  6. Photos not saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not saving: i am having difficulty saving photos from the web to my folders . when i right click on an image , a new browser connected to the image opens up instead. how can i go about solving this problem?...
  7. Saving photos

Saving photos: I have Windows 10. When I try to save photos to "My Pictures" folder, I get an error message. I have full permissions (I believe). I have gone to "pictures" folder, right-clicked for "properties" and unchecked the "read only" box and apply. Still can't save and when I check...
  8. saved photos

saved photos: Where do my camera import photos go when they are saved. ? Also, why are there three sections in the file explorer? I save downloaded pictures from web and each time they go to a differnet file. Why is that?/ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Photos Not Saving

Photos Not Saving: Hi, I was recently trying to look for a photo I took via the Camera app and could not find it in Libraries. I proceeded on to the Camera app and clicked on the tile in the lower right corner to open my photos. The photo was there but when I clicked onto See all Photos, my...
  10. Saving photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving photos: I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10. I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have...