Windows 10: Photo app load time is slow

Discus and support Photo app load time is slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I open a photo either on my desktop or in a folder it takes 30 seconds to one minute sometimes longer before I can view it, if I open in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KamV, May 4, 2019.

1. KamV Win User

Photo app load time is slow

Every time I open a photo either on my desktop or in a folder it takes 30 seconds to one minute sometimes longer before I can view it, if I open in another viewer or even in paint is way faster, why is it taking so long to open, once I open and it does come into view I can click other photos and they open like they should but if I stop using the app and go online or use a different program and later on try and open a photo it does it all over again, and yes I did try troubleshooter and went into the apps advanced settings and reset the program and repaired it won't let me uninstall it to reinstall as the uninstall feature is not highlighted which means it is an embedded program. if I designate a third party app as default phot viewer it will open normal, it only happens using Microsoft photos app, help?!

:)

KamV, May 4, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, May 4, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 4, 2019
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Photo app load time is slow - Similar Threads - Photo app load

2. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  3. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  4. Photos app take time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app take time to load: Dear Microsoft Community, Photos app is an amazing app that offers a lot of features but there is a problem which I am facing for a long and now can't bear it anymore, it takes a lot of time to start when I click on any image to open it. It is frustrrrrating and Please...
  5. slow loading of programmes and apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    slow loading of programmes and apps: my computer has become very slow to load things, how do I speed things up ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-loading-of-programmes-and-apps/47b393fd-85dc-4eb0-aa51-961a561af7cf
  6. Slow folder load time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow folder load time: Is there any way to speed up folder load times? I have more than 250 items in the folder and they takes a while to arrange themselves (by date). Anyway to speed this up? G4560, 8GB 166128
  7. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  8. boot time loading slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot time loading slow.: I am facing the following problems while using my Dell laptop for the past few weeks : 1 The boot time loading of the laptop has become very slow due to unknown causes. 2 The opening of files,folders, and softwares also takes a considerable amount of time during...
  9. photo app not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo app not loading: photo app not loading when it does load running very very slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-not-loading/3fd503ff-723e-410b-a747-4f687632e8e1
  10. Slow load time in system and in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow load time in system and in games: Hi So i have a problem that my pc is slow to load things in system and maps in games. Very rare it works normally but almost always slow. I need help. Pc is pretty new i want to add. Here are my pc specs: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w...