Windows 10: Photo App not finding photos in files

Discus and support Photo App not finding photos in files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently downloaded several photos and videos which I had in Google Photos. Unfortunately when I attempt to import them the app does not recognise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Colin1954-03, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Photo App not finding photos in files

I recently downloaded several photos and videos which I had in Google Photos. Unfortunately when I attempt to import them the app does not recognise any of the photos. They are all JPEG or DJI.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

:)

Colin1954-03, Jan 13, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo App not finding photos in files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Photo App not finding photos in files

Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Photo App not finding photos in files

1. Photo App not finding photos in files - Similar Threads - Photo App finding

2. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  3. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  4. Finding photos in Photo Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding photos in Photo Folder: I am attempting to view some old photos on my laptop. When I click on a file folder, I get the message the folder is empty? I am able to view current photos that I have recently downloaded from my android phone, but not older photos that were downloaded in 1917-1919; they...
  5. Find favourites in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find favourites in Photo app?: Hello! How can I find photos that I've marked as favourites? There's no folder for it in the Photo app. submitted by /u/striped_eyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9m08/find_favourites_in_photo_app/
  6. Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files: I've been using the Photo Apps Video Editor to create a travel movie. The project has taken me months of work. I updated windows and now I open my project and almost every single video on the timeline says "cannot find file". The original files were never moved and are still...
  7. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  8. Windows Photo App - Can't find Files

Windows Photo App - Can't find Files: In the Photo app under video projects, it can't find any of the pictures/videos that were in the video project. Where is it looking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-app-cant-find-files/afef16ae-4a5a-4e34-85dd-09ea23577a66
  9. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...