Windows 10: photo app not loading

Discus and support photo app not loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; photo app not loading when it does load running very very slow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnReichard2, Oct 13, 2019.

1. photo app not loading

photo app not loading when it does load running very very slow.

:)

JohnReichard2, Oct 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Photo app

Hi Luka,

There is a possibility that there is an app or a driver conflicting with the photos app and causes this issue to arise. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this.

• Uninstall the Photos app.
    • Perform Clean Boot - This troubleshooting step makes sure that there are no third party apps is causing software conflicts
      as it only loads minimum drivers and startup programs. Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal
      startup after fixing the issue.
    • Reinstall the Photos app.

Please let us know about the results.

Katrina Men, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Oct 13, 2019
  4. photo app not loading

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

photo app not loading

1. photo app not loading - Similar Threads - photo app loading

2. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  3. photos app will not load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app will not load: cannot load photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-will-not-load/f557d6cd-d590-4822-ba53-5eb1bb31b800
  4. Photos app take time to load

Photos app take time to load: Dear Microsoft Community, Photos app is an amazing app that offers a lot of features but there is a problem which I am facing for a long and now can't bear it anymore, it takes a lot of time to start when I click on any image to open it. It is frustrrrrating and Please...
  5. loading photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loading photos: I need to talk to a tech. person. Please send me phone number asap. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-photos/d4aa8b26-3d97-43a9-aca4-3cbc9d63c188
  6. loading photos onto the internet via the microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    loading photos onto the internet via the microsoft photos app: Hi, I have a facebook account where I need to upload photos - it's for my business. I take photos on my phone and they go onto google drive on my computer, but then I have to download each photo and put it into either 'photos' or 'pictures'. Then I can only seem to access...
  7. "Photo App" loaded with SPAM

"Photo App" loaded with SPAM: I have just downloaded MS Photo App from Win 10 app store and found that when run - it comes up with advert after advert - ie SPAM Is this the way that MS is going ?...
  8. Photo app load time is slow

Photo app load time is slow: Every time I open a photo either on my desktop or in a folder it takes 30 seconds to one minute sometimes longer before I can view it, if I open in another viewer or even in paint is way faster, why is it taking so long to open, once I open and it does come into view I can...
  9. Can't load video in Photos App

Can't load video in Photos App: In new video Add video From PC I select a wmv file and I get a message "Something went wrong and we couldn't add some files" I have tried selecting .avi, .mov files as well and get error messages. When I added a very short video from my collection it loaded OK...
  10. Load Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Load Photos: Howdy Folks: I have another question regarding this Windows 10 abomination. According to this trashy system, it says I have uploaded from my camera to my computer. What file does it upload to? 99911