Windows 10: Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

Discus and support Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taysonblade, Oct 12, 2018.

1. taysonblade Win User

Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images appear at random, not in the order in which they are placed. Technicians tried updating patches. resetting and a few other tricks but nothing is fixing this chronological order problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

taysonblade, Oct 12, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

How to use photos app to show in random order?

I am not sure you can get what you want without using a fancy 3rd party program which I am not aware of, or doing registry tweak which like you, I am hesitant to do.
    By default, files are listed either numerically or alphabetically.
    The Photo app has no choice but to show them in the order they are listed.

davidhk, Oct 12, 2018
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

That's also covered in the link I posted. If you change the sort order of a folder in Windows File Explorer and then open one of the photos with Windows Photo Viewer, it will then display the photos from that folder by that order as you scroll though them.

Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order [​IMG]

You can also type *.jpg in the Windows File Explorer search box to just show jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer for that folder for example.

ARC1020, Oct 12, 2018
  4. tuckertcs Win User

How to use photos app to show in random order?

I have a folder with images and like to click through them using the photos app. I don't use slideshow just the arrow keys. I like it but want it to be in random order, is there a way to do this? if not is there another similar program I could get thats free?

tuckertcs, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order - Similar Threads - Photo app desktop

2. Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app: How can I tag a persons name in microsoft's photo application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photos-app/9c06e260-ffe1-4947-b715-e8a5b75bff21
  3. Photo app

Photo app: Pictures in my photo app stopped working. The used to show up as live tiles but now nothing happens when I click on it? How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app/6d59981c-dc6c-4cdd-a126-7b1c99025db3
  4. Photo app

Photo app: Trying to create a YouTube video to go on my channel. keep running into problems with inserting a video clip and still photos. I have to do this 10x, How can I get Photo App to let me increase the number of files/clips?...
  5. Photos App

Photos App: Is there a way to speed up a video using the Photos App that comes with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/photos-app/b6a3c295-259c-4579-96c8-026483f672bb
  6. photo app

photo app: any other photo app besides the regular app on win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app/67b8b2d5-a4ba-4f9b-b032-9c8fed913a9e
  7. Random desktop photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random desktop photos: One one PC, my desktop slide show has random backgrounds and photo 'frames' and looks very attractive. On my laptop, I can use the same folder for photos and each photo fits the screen but without the random backgrounds. I can't find a setting that is different. Both machines...
  8. How to use photos app to show in random order?

How to use photos app to show in random order?: I have a folder with images and like to click through them using the photos app. I don't use slideshow just the arrow keys. I like it but want it to be in random order, is there a way to do this? if not is there another similar program I could get thats free? 53330
  9. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...
  10. Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected

Photo app showing photos even if there's no source folder selected: The photo app keeps showing old photos even though I've cleared all the source folders in the setting. Even if I add new source folders it'll show the new photos, but keeps insisting showing the old unwated ones from the folders that I've already removed from the setting....