Windows 10: Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

Discus and support Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taysonblade, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images appear at random, not in the order in which they are placed. Technicians tried updating patches. resetting and a few other tricks but nothing is fixing this chronological order problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

taysonblade, Oct 12, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

How to use photos app to show in random order?

I am not sure you can get what you want without using a fancy 3rd party program which I am not aware of, or doing registry tweak which like you, I am hesitant to do.
    By default, files are listed either numerically or alphabetically.
    The Photo app has no choice but to show them in the order they are listed.

davidhk, Oct 12, 2018
  3. ARC1020 Win User
    Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

That's also covered in the link I posted. If you change the sort order of a folder in Windows File Explorer and then open one of the photos with Windows Photo Viewer, it will then display the photos from that folder by that order as you scroll though them.

Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order [​IMG]

You can also type *.jpg in the Windows File Explorer search box to just show jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer for that folder for example.

ARC1020, Oct 12, 2018
  4. tuckertcs Win User

Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

How to use photos app to show in random order?

I have a folder with images and like to click through them using the photos app. I don't use slideshow just the arrow keys. I like it but want it to be in random order, is there a way to do this? if not is there another similar program I could get thats free?

tuckertcs, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

1. Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order - Similar Threads - Photo app desktop

2. New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.: I am using both one drive and apple photos, when viewing media the media does not respect the date taken order. I.E. I have a two pictures that were taken at the same time, separated by several pictures that were taken before or after. It is beyond belief that MS cannot even...
  3. New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.: I am using both one drive and apple photos, when viewing media the media does not respect the date taken order. I.E. I have a two pictures that were taken at the same time, separated by several pictures that were taken before or after. It is beyond belief that MS cannot even...
  4. How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?: The new Microsoft Photos App does not arrange my photos for viewing in chronological order like the legacy app did and I do not see a way to sort the view.Iphone12 plugged in via USB. Photos are stored on the phone not in the cloud. The new Photos App is 2023.11090.12017.0....
  5. How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?

How to arrange the photos in the new Photos App in chronological order?: The new Microsoft Photos App does not arrange my photos for viewing in chronological order like the legacy app did and I do not see a way to sort the view.Iphone12 plugged in via USB. Photos are stored on the phone not in the cloud. The new Photos App is 2023.11090.12017.0....
  6. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  7. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  8. Random desktop photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random desktop photos: One one PC, my desktop slide show has random backgrounds and photo 'frames' and looks very attractive. On my laptop, I can use the same folder for photos and each photo fits the screen but without the random backgrounds. I can't find a setting that is different. Both machines...
  9. How to use photos app to show in random order?

How to use photos app to show in random order?: I have a folder with images and like to click through them using the photos app. I don't use slideshow just the arrow keys. I like it but want it to be in random order, is there a way to do this? if not is there another similar program I could get thats free? 53330
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo app random order