Windows 10: Photo App opening new windows

Discus and support Photo App opening new windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As far as I know, the only way to get pictures to open in a single window is with the old photo viewer. Is there no way to get pictures to open in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Spectral_Eyes, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Photo App opening new windows

As far as I know, the only way to get pictures to open in a single window is with the old photo viewer.

Is there no way to get pictures to open in a single window with the Windows 10 Photo App?

:)

Spectral_Eyes, Mar 17, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 17, 2020
  3. cannot open my photos in new windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try right clicking the photos thumbnail and choose the Windows Photo app under “open with” folder.

If the issue is with Windows Photo app, I suggest you to try the below given method and check if it is resolved:

Method 1:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the steps and check if it works. The below steps will reset the Windows store cache.

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Restart the Photos app, check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Photo App opening new windows

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Photo App opening new windows

1. Photo App opening new windows - Similar Threads - Photo App opening

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Left click in new Photos app selects the photo instead of opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click in new Photos app selects the photo instead of opening it: As the title suggests. This morning I got an updated version of the Photos app. Before, when I clicked a photo with a left click, it opened it full size, it only selects it, and it is really annoying. How do I change it?Also, there are no separations according to months or...
  6. Left click in new Photos app selects the photo instead of opening it

Left click in new Photos app selects the photo instead of opening it: As the title suggests. This morning I got an updated version of the Photos app. Before, when I clicked a photo with a left click, it opened it full size, it only selects it, and it is really annoying. How do I change it?Also, there are no separations according to months or...
  7. Windows Photos App not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos App not opening: Hi guys,My Photos app will not open, I have tried pretty much everything.- It crashes shortly after opening if I try to open it directly- If I open via double clicking a photo, it'll just display a black screenIncluding -Running troubleshooterRunning both DISM & SFCWindows 10...
  8. Windows Photos App not opening

Windows Photos App not opening: Hi guys,My Photos app will not open, I have tried pretty much everything.- It crashes shortly after opening if I try to open it directly- If I open via double clicking a photo, it'll just display a black screenIncluding -Running troubleshooterRunning both DISM & SFCWindows 10...
  9. Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps and Photo App not opening: I have a new Dell Computer that is just over a month old and am having problems with App's not opening. These are App's from the Microsoft Store as well as a Dell Support APP. This also happens in my Photo Library when I right click on a photo to review on the open with...
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2