Windows 10: Photo App privacy

Discus and support Photo App privacy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alfredsmith3, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Photo App privacy

Hi,

if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos data)? How recognition works? There is no profling of users data?

Cheers!

:)

alfredsmith3, Oct 5, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 7, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 7, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Photo App privacy

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photo App privacy :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Photo App privacy

1. Photo App privacy - Similar Threads - Photo App privacy

2. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  3. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  4. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  5. Photos on the Photos app

Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  6. App permissions for Privacy settings are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App permissions for Privacy settings are broken: Hey there. for some reason after tweaking my system for maximum performance - I can’t use my mic in any of my call of duty games or in any games that uses a headset. now I already know that you go to settings > privacy settings > microphone settings > then you would allow...
  7. Privacy in Windows 10 Photos/Onedrive

Privacy in Windows 10 Photos/Onedrive: Hi there, Greetings here from Shank. I have Some Personal Photos stored in my Windows 10 PC and added to my Pictures Libraries. The are also other Photos stored in my One Drive Cloud Storage. Can you tell me whether the photos (in Cloud) are encrypted and visible only to...
  8. Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photos app vs. Privacy (face recognition): On Windows 10... What, if any data is uploaded from my PC when my Photos app recognizes faces in my photos? I see that it's auto-recognized faces and grouped them together based on recognizing the same people across my photos. I see that it is asking for permission to my...
  9. Photo App privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo App privacy: Hi, if I use Photo app in Win 10 without log in OneDrive is totally offline? Microsoft not sending any data from computer (photos, thumbnails, photos data)? How recognition works? There is no profling of users data? Cheers!...
  10. Privacy - background apps query

Privacy - background apps query: I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps. My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but this Windows 10. 32 bit laptop shows just one entry for Skype. Any thoughts how I can restore the anticipated list. Thanks...