Windows 10: PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

Discus and support PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I push the GET PHOTO button, and nothing happens. My popup blocker is turned OFF. I uninstalled it by accident (bad advice) and want it back, but Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoxyW, Sep 26, 2018.

1. RoxyW Win User

PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

I push the GET PHOTO button, and nothing happens. My popup blocker is turned OFF. I uninstalled it by accident (bad advice) and want it back, but Ive tried all day to download it and the button DOES NOTHING!!! Help please.

:)

RoxyW, Sep 26, 2018

2. windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 26, 2018
  4. PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

1. PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD - Similar Threads - PHOTO APP DOWNLOAD

2. Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer: The computer is running on Windows 10 and should have this already but it's not installed. I click on 'get' but nothing happens? I have also tried to log in to the other computer but it says my log in does not exist, although I am on this now. Bit confused. Please help?...
  3. Downloading from iphone using Photo App

Downloading from iphone using Photo App: The Photo App no longer lets me select to download photos from my iphone automatically into date folders. Up until 6 weeks ago, I would designate a folder and all the photos would download into subfolders named by date. It was the only way to efficiently manage photos. It...
  4. photos app automatically downloading from onedrive

photos app automatically downloading from onedrive: I have Windows 10 and am storing all my photos in the cloud on Onedrive. I don't want them on my hard drive. Periodically, the photos app starts downloading them from Onedrive without me initiating it. I've tried cancelling the download and blocking the app, but it just...
  5. photo app not downloading photos

photo app not downloading photos: Hi. My photo app for Windows 10 has stopped downloading photos from my iphone ios version 13.2. The app will scan my phone and locate the photos. It displays the total number of photos, but then freezes. It does not display the photos or tell me which ones have not been...
  6. photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

photos app not being downloaded in windows 10: windows 10 photos app is not being downloaded. i have followed all the methods like 1) sfc\scannow 2)powershell get-appxpackage etc type of codes. 3)reset apps 4)made a cache folder in local folder and almost everything that i found on forums * * * * * but still...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos: Hello World! Recently my Windows 10 Photo App began to act somewhat odd. It will no longer download photos/videos using an MTP Connection on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Phone running Android 6.0.1. It will only download photos, no videos, using a PTP Connection. Even then...
  8. Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos

Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos: Hi, the Photos app has indexed all my pictures in the onedrive-Folder. OK. Then I made them "Online available" to safe disk space. Every week, onedrive begins to download all my pictures. This are 200 GB of data. It seems, the photos app tries to reindex all the...
  9. Photos app from store wont download

Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552
  10. Photos app from store wont download

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552