Windows 10: Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming

Discus and support Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Come back Windows Movie Maker, it was so simple to use. After trimming a short video, where I have all necessary file permissions, and trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeraldJ, Dec 1, 2019.

1. GeraldJ Win User

Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming

Come back Windows Movie Maker, it was so simple to use.

After trimming a short video, where I have all necessary file permissions,

and trying to save I see this image, it fails.

After entering file name, MP4 folder icon temporarily appears, then disappears with note saying I don't have permission Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming :(

I'm sole user, and have Admin rights.

I'd save a copy, but SAVE box stays greyed out.

Another M/Soft fail.

Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming f3964f5c-c3cd-423b-bc65-45ec8d193013?upload=true.jpg

:)

GeraldJ, Dec 1, 2019
  2. tobicalvi Win User

Able to trim but unable to save the edits in Photo App

Original Title: Photo App

I am trying to trim a video in the Photo App Windows 10. Able to trim but unable to save the edits. Would appreciate any and all guidance.

tobicalvi, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Donnie_w Win User
    windows 10 photo app video trim problems

I have a home move movie mp4 1920x1080 total bitrate 18053bps when I ran the trim, it correctly trimmed the file but the output was at 6157bps. Does any one know how to get the photo app to retain the original bps?

Donnie_w, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming

Trimmed Video Won't Save Windows 10

So I'm trying to save an MP4 video file on my computer from a camera, and it is able to be saved to my desktop no problem and I can play it on multiple apps. The moment I try and trim it (movies/tv app or photos app) it immediately stops and gives me this
    This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.

0xc10100be

I'm confused why it does this even though I can play the file no problem before it's trimmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VWDyoutube, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming

1. Photo App (Windows 10) not allowing me to SAVE MP4 file after trimming - Similar Threads - Photo App allowing

2. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...
  3. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...: The error I'm getting is "Unable to save There was an error while saving. Please try again later." This app works on my other devices just not on my PCI'm on windows 10 and the same problem persisted after I upgraded to windows 11...
  4. The Photos app is not allowing me to trim and save videos. This has been going on for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  6. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  7. Microsoft Photos app not opening .MP4 files / allowing to trim. Error: "Something went wrong."

Microsoft Photos app not opening .MP4 files / allowing to trim. Error: "Something went wrong.": For the past couple months I've been using the Microsoft Photos app to trim gameplay videos I have recorded to share with some friends in servers but recently whenever I've tried to use the photos app for trimming my clips Which are all .mp4 files, I get an error:[File...
  8. Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.: Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% . Just installed windows 10 professional 2004v. and updated everything whats possible....
  9. Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option

Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option: See snippet below. Everywhere I read online I see that I should have an edit option at the top right of the window that reads "trim" but I do not see that option. I am trying to trim a video quickly at work, can't download another program. Why can't I trim videos?[IMG]...
  10. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...