Windows 10: Photo App Windows 10

Discus and support Photo App Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just went to Windows 10 I have the Photo App pinned to the start Menu. In the Photo App, and with the "live tile" turned on, I keep showing photos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by keyman48, Feb 9, 2020.

1. keyman48 Win User

Photo App Windows 10

Just went to Windows 10 I have the Photo App pinned to the start Menu. In the Photo App, and with the "live tile" turned on, I keep showing photos, that I have deleted from everywhere I can find, but they keep showing up , when I have the "live" tile on. The original photos where on an external hard drive, that's not currently connected. How can I delete then if I can’t find where they are stored?

:)

keyman48, Feb 9, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Photo App Windows 10

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Photo App Windows 10

1. Photo App Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Photo App

2. Photos app flashes and never opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app flashes and never opens: Hello my photos app has stopped working. It flashes like its going to open but the screen never turns from black and does not open. Task manager does not list it, it is not open nor running. I've looked into this and after much research , I've done many things to resolve...
  3. My Phone App and photo transferring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Phone App and photo transferring: I am trying to get my photes off my phone into my laptop but am running into all kinds of issues. First I thought I would use the My Phone App but apparently it is registered under my other gmail account and I cannot figure out how to change it. Then, I thought my picks...
  4. Is there any way to fix the photos app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to fix the photos app?: Im a photographer and I also own a Iphone so I import thousands of photos at a time either from my Cameras SD card or from my Iphones camera roll and the lag and constant crashes is ridiculous. If theres no way to fix this whats a good 3rd party app? I would like something...
  5. The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...: Tried googling but couldn't find a whole lot. Any fixes? submitted by /u/ThatSteemBloke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7rktd/the_windows_photos_app_doesnt_scroll_through/
  6. Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade: I have just had windows 10 and hard drive storage upgrades. I use tags in photo properties and before the upgrades, tags would pop up and I could select one. Now, I have to add a tag separately to each photo. Where is the library of existing tags? They are still on the...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Background Music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photos App Background Music files: Is it possible to use the Photos App Background Music offerings in another capacity? Say as the background music for another programs video? I really like a few of the songs they have in the library....
  8. When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?

When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?: It has been broken a long time already. It is very annoying to have this functionality not functioning? Either take the hyperlink off the form, or fix it please. preferably the former...
  9. Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement: Hi, when i imported photos from iphone8 to microsoft built in photo app, it told me “something went wrong, your files might have not been imported”. But when i import photo one by one, it won’t show this warning. And the second question is that, after i imported photos...
  10. Refunding an app that is not working correctly affinity photo

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refunding an app that is not working correctly affinity photo: i have purchased affinity photo through microsoft store. Big mistake! I cannot install plugins to this program because it does not exist in my program files. I should have got a license key from affinity directly, but i had no idea that the program i had downloaded from the...