Windows 10: PHOTO APP

Discus and support PHOTO APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 DID UPDATE, NOW THE PHOTO APP HAS LOST MOST OF ITS WAYS TO EDIT PICTURES..... WHY ????????? NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!! HOW DO I GET THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ROBERT NEUMAN, Mar 14, 2019.

1. PHOTO APP

WINDOWS 10 DID UPDATE, NOW THE PHOTO APP HAS LOST MOST OF ITS WAYS TO EDIT PICTURES..... WHY ????????? NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!! HOW DO I GET THE VERSION WHICH CAME WITH THE PC BACK????????

:)

ROBERT NEUMAN, Mar 14, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 14, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

PHOTO APP

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done PHOTO APP :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

PHOTO APP

1. PHOTO APP - Similar Threads - PHOTO APP

2. my photos app is completely FUBAR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my photos app is completely FUBAR.: It won't allow me to upload photos nor even access my older photos :You don't have permission to access that folder comes up. I've tried repair, reset, and uninstall without luck....
  3. Windowa 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windowa 10 photos app: I have no control over where downloaded pictures are stored. They show up in the Photos, but if I right click on the image it renders properties that show a source that doesn't exist or if it identifies a source, when I find the source it states "this folder is empty". As an...
  4. Windows 10 Photos App: What does this feature Do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photos App: What does this feature Do?: Windows 10 Photos App: What does this feature Do? May somebody explain this option or feature to me in 2-3 sentences. Location : Windows 10 Photos App> Bottom part of Settings Here's the screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft Photos app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photos app not working: The default app for photo viewing in Windows 10, PHOTOS, is not working. Ran the troubleshooter, and as directed, repaired as well as reset the app settings, but in vain. How do I fix this?...
  6. Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos

Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos: When calling the CameraCaptureUI, the Camera app showed up as intended and I was able to click on the take photo button. But when the button was clicked the camera screen greys out and no image were saved. This affect all Panasonic Toughpads devices with Win 10 Enterprise...
  7. Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app

Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app: Hello, I have spent 12 hours with Microsoft Tech Support and the problem isn't resolved. I have an iphone that I tried to download my pics thru the Microsoft Photos App (I like the way it organizes the photos). I always get an error midway thru the download that nothing is...
  8. Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app: I am using "Rescue Crew" music from Windows 10 Photo Video editor in one of my videos for my company on You tube. Is this music copyrighted?...
  9. microsoft windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft windows 10 photos app: My photos app used to always default when I wanted to attach/send/add files to documents/emails/ebay listings, etc. Now when Im working on a document, etc and want to include a photo from my photos my computer defaults to my files. How can I go directly into my photos(where...
  10. 1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Update Broke Camera and Photo App: Hi there, After the most recent patch for Windows (3/19/2019), the Microsoft Camera and Photo app is not working. I verified this on 6 different machines all running 1803. One machine that hasn't been updated yet, is unaffected and the app works just fine. For added...