Windows 10: Photo App

Discus and support Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all......I bought a new pc with Win 10 and I am trying to learn the photo app. I really got used to Live Photo Gallery and tried to download Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stelle123, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Stelle123 Win User

Photo App

Hi all......I bought a new pc with Win 10 and I am trying to learn the photo app. I really got used to Live Photo Gallery and tried to download Windows Essentials 2012, just the Live Photo Gallery, and it would not download so I am trying to learn this app for organization of pictures. Can anyone tell me if I can make subfolders within a folder and direct me to directions or how to do it of possible? Example of what I am trying to do......I want a main folder that might say Christmas and inside folders with the years 2015, 2016, etc. I did not upgrade, the program is already on the pc and I am trying to keep the same format for my photo organizing. Thanks in advance,

:)

Stelle123, Jan 5, 2016

2. Window 10 Photos App - Editing of photos

I recently deleted the Photos app in window 10. I deleted the Photos app due to the fact that my children were easily able to view adult photos in the "Collection" window. l

I can now only open a jpeg file with the Paint, Windows Photo Viewer or Microsoft Office 2010 apps. This is unfortunate since whenever I edit a photo I prefer the more user friendly Photos app. Editing photos in the Photos app is so much easier and flexible
    to use then editing photos under the Paint, Windows Photo Viewer of other apps.

My questions:

Although I have deleted the Photos app in Windows 10 is there a way to retain (or even download) the editing functions that are provided with the Photos app?

Your Neighbor, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Donna519 Win User
    Photo App Problem- Photo App will not allow me to save changes to photo

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the program. It still persists. I have read about others having this same issue. Does Microsoft have a fix in the works?

Donna519, Jan 5, 2016
  4. Stelle123 Win User

Photo App

After much searching and trial and error I found the answer to my own question. For any one interested go to the start button >file explorer > pictures and you will see all the pictures that have been downloaded. Click in the area and a box comes up that will have many prompts including the word "New". Click new and at the top click folder and it will create a new folder. Then you can move the pictures and name the folders just like in Photo Gallery. If you want a folder within a folder you have to create one INSIDE the main folder. I found it easier to move groups of pictures to the desktop, create that folder, and then move the pics to that folder. I know there has got to be an easier way but this worked for me and did show up in my pictures app under folders. Hope this helps someone else. Stelle

Stelle123, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

Photo App

1. Photo App - Similar Threads - Photo App

2. after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default apps: after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default appshow can i fix this? Im using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-every-download-my-video-player-and-photo/9025ee7a-0818-4e00-a8ad-789a1ef3fdc1
  3. after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default apps: after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default appshow can i fix this? Im using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-every-download-my-video-player-and-photo/9025ee7a-0818-4e00-a8ad-789a1ef3fdc1
  4. after every download, my video player and photo viewer defaults are removed from default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files: I am using Windows 11 Pro on two laptops. Both have all of the latest Microsoft updates. Today I noticed that upon opening the Photos app the only thumbnails I see are photos that are located in the Pictures > Photos folder child folders of Photos also appear. Everything else...
  6. Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files

Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files: I am using Windows 11 Pro on two laptops. Both have all of the latest Microsoft updates. Today I noticed that upon opening the Photos app the only thumbnails I see are photos that are located in the Pictures > Photos folder child folders of Photos also appear. Everything else...
  7. Microsoft photos app zoom not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos app zoom not working: When i open a picture in Photos app i can zoom using scroll wheel or clicking the zoom buttons. however when i go to the next picture zoom functionality stops working. Not through the scroll wheel Or by clicking the zoom icons right bottom. Zoom does not work at all. I tries...
  8. Microsoft photos app zoom not working

Microsoft photos app zoom not working: When i open a picture in Photos app i can zoom using scroll wheel or clicking the zoom buttons. however when i go to the next picture zoom functionality stops working. Not through the scroll wheel Or by clicking the zoom icons right bottom. Zoom does not work at all. I tries...
  9. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  10. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...