Windows 10: Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work

Discus and support Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Suddenly the Photo app can't no longer scroll through a folder of pictures. No arrow keys are visible. Nor can I use the keyboard arrow keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Humbledoore, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work

Hi,

Suddenly the Photo app can't no longer scroll through a folder of pictures.

No arrow keys are visible. Nor can I use the keyboard arrow keys. Nothing happens.

And if I start the slideshow only one single picture is viewing, repeating itself...

What is wrong here?

Thanks!

:)

Humbledoore, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Takuwind Win User

Photo viewer Slideshow not working - both versions

Hi, I am trying to find a slideshow that works on Windows 10, with no luck.

First I tried the new Windows 10 photo viewer. Clicking slideshow on this app works, but only for a single photo. Clicking on any logical key, like the arrow keys or space bar or mouse just ends the slideshow. I would expect you could enter the slideshow and then key through all your photos.

Giving up on that, I launched the old Windows Photo Viewer. Launching slideshow in this trusty old program made all my photos appear the wrong size. They were too big and the bottom of the photo went off the screen so that I was only seeing about 80% of the photo.

Please help me fix one or both of these issues please!

Takuwind, Jun 5, 2019
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work

photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work

1. Photo App's arrow keys and slideshow don't work - Similar Threads - Photo App's arrow

2. Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working: All of a sudden the Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working. I open a folder with many images in it, where you can usually advance or go backward to the next image by pressing the keyboard arrow keys, and now it is not working. You have to open EACH photo...
  3. Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working: All of a sudden the Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working. I open a folder with many images in it, where you can usually advance or go backward to the next image by pressing the keyboard arrow keys, and now it is not working. You have to open EACH photo...
  4. Arrow keys to advance photos in Photo Viewer is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS: Hello can anybody help me...I am using windows 11. IN MY laptop I am not able to surf through my pictures folder when it opens Microsoft photos....arrow keys also do not work....please anybody help me....tried reinstalling but didn't worked...what to do...
  6. ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS

ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN MICROSOFT PHOTOS: Hello can anybody help me...I am using windows 11. IN MY laptop I am not able to surf through my pictures folder when it opens Microsoft photos....arrow keys also do not work....please anybody help me....tried reinstalling but didn't worked...what to do...
  7. Arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not working: Hi! Is someone able to help me please? My left and right arrow keys are not working well. They both do things like reload and go to previous pages on chrome. And they dont work anymore in typing....
  8. Slideshow settings in Photos app

Slideshow settings in Photos app: How do you pause the photos in slideshow? How do you set the display time in slideshows? ***Original title: Microsoft Photos*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow-settings-in-photos-app/5702bd2c-a647-4891-b1cb-3f880a51b53f
  9. Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos

Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos: Hitting right arrow once will move to the next image in a folder, then stop responding. The left arrow will then work to move back to the previous image but no further. Clicking the onscreen arrows still works....
  10. Photos App Slideshow Speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos App Slideshow Speed: I'm not very happy with the media options in Windows 10, everything else seems better than Windows 7 except for that aspect. What I am trying to do is use the "Photos" app to select a folder of pictures I want, I then choose Slideshow but it goes through the pictures really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slideshow keys