Windows 10: Photo Apps not launching at all!

Discus and support Photo Apps not launching at all! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Casszxc, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Casszxc Win User

Photo Apps not launching at all!

My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message.

I've tried almost everything!!
    - Repair

- Reset

- Uninstall and Install again
    - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's nothing wrong??!
    - I am on microsoft latest's updates, no outstanding updates i haven't install.

Please help. This is so frustrating.

:)

Casszxc, Apr 17, 2019

2. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Photo Apps not launching at all!

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Photo Apps not launching at all!

1. Photo Apps not launching at all! - Similar Threads - Photo Apps launching

2. Problem to launch all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem to launch all apps: Windows 10, updated Every time I click on a .exe or on a dektop icon, cmd starts a forces a connection to jupyter lab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-to-launch-all-apps/da255eaa-6251-40a6-b639-8a7163903d49
  3. Problem to launch all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem to launch all apps: Windows 10, updated Every time I click on a .exe or on a dektop icon, cmd starts a forces a connection to jupyter lab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-to-launch-all-apps/da255eaa-6251-40a6-b639-8a7163903d49
  4. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch: Microsoft store and Photo App WON"T launch. I can see the icons are "pinned" but they do not open when clicked. Microsoft Store: Shows in the start menu - but cannot click on it / does not launch Photos: Icon is pinned to desktop but does not openMissing from start menu -...
  6. All Sticky Notes Opening on App Launch

All Sticky Notes Opening on App Launch: I have a user with about 25 sticky notes. Every time he launches the app, all 25 sticky notes reopen despite having been closed before closing the app. I looked around for any obvious settings, but didn't see anything. We're running version 3.7.71.0, and are unable to update...
  7. I can't launch all my apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't launch all my apps: I get an error message that the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Help me! I can't download anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-launch-all-my-apps/05f2266f-f385-42ff-bd35-fbd952e2313a
  8. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  9. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  10. Photos and Mapps app launching frequently

Photos and Mapps app launching frequently: I have windows 10 running in Bootcamp ( MacOS. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro from Wind 8.1 Pro. After upgrade I notice that Maps app and Photos app keep launching automatically , even after closing them. I'm not sure what is triggering them. I have verified that these...