Windows 10: Photo cropping

Discus and support Photo cropping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by convul, Mar 17, 2017.

1. convul Win User

Photo cropping

For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it didn't leave bits all over afterwards.
    I have just installed Photofiltre onto my new W10 pc and although it shows in my new Start menu, when I right click on the photo to be worked on, Photofiltre doesn't appear among the choice of programmes to select from. It doesn't recognise the name when I type it in.
    Is there something I have missed - does the new prog have to be somhow 'kick-started' from the Start menu?
    Thanks for the help.

:)

convul, Mar 17, 2017

2. How do I crop a photo with Windows 10?

The options for cropping photos just changed. Can you walk me through how to crop a photo and then save it?

JaneBeachRev, Mar 17, 2017
  3. lumia 1020. cropped photos unusable after 8.1 update

After updating phone to 8.1 cyan the cropped photos are unusable. When I crop the photo the picture quality becomes very poor. If I was to take a photo of a label and crop it by about 10% I would not be able to readtea. If I open the photo in pro I can
    zoom in with the full level of zoom and perfect picture quality. Camera settings are factory settings. I have soft reset the phone. I think its a software issue as old photos I have taken now loose picture quality when i crop photos. I use the stock crop /
    editing program

AdamRenwick, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Photo cropping

It's easy enough to add it to the list.

Right-click, Open with > Choose another app. Scroll down and at the bottom of the list, click 'More apps'. Scroll down again, it may well appear in this extended list. If it does, select it and click OK. If it doesn't, click 'Choose another app on this PC'. Browse to program files and find the .exe for your Photfiltre. Select it and click 'Open'. From now on it will appear in the list for 'Open with'.

Optional: you can tick 'Always open with...' in 'Choose another app'.

5. convul Win User
    Thanks, Bree for the reply.
    I must be doing something wrong.
    I have installed Photofiltre and it shows in the list when the Start button is pressed
    I can follow your instructions as far as 'browse the program files'. Photofiltre doesn't show in the list there for selection and if I type the name in I get 'file not found'.
    Sorry but I don't understand 'find the .exe for your Photofiltre'. There is the .exe in my Downloads put there during downloading but if I click on that I will begin the downloading process over and over, I think.
    Thanks

convul, Mar 17, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You get a standard File Explorer 'browse to open' window. Use it to find where your program was installed. It should be somewhere like:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Photofiltre\photophiltre.exe

Have a look for it with File Explorer before you start, the file you want is the one with the Photofiltre icon that runs the program if you open it. It won't show the .exe extension if you have 'show file extensions' turned off.

7. convul Win User
    Photofiltre appears in the Start menu and opens from there. It is in Prog Files but if I click on it I get 'File not found'. I have just uninstalled it and begun again and receceived loud warnings from Kaspersky that my pc has a trojan, so now I am receiving serious advice in strange English the meaning of which I don't understand. I wish the writers could be put up against a wall and asked what they are talking about.
    So play has stopped until I have a word on Monday with the assemblers of this pc.
    Thanks.

convul, Mar 17, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Photo cropping

@convul

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Then...

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Then...

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Photo cropping [​IMG]

Now you will have the option in the right click menu for all images.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo cropping

1. Photo cropping - Similar Threads - Photo cropping

2. Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos: I am trying to crop hundreds of images to the same pixel dimensions in Windows 11 Photos, with each image also needing to have the crop window manually adjusted to focus on the particular subject within the image. Is there a way for me to create a crop template that I can...
  3. Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to create a template for cropping in Windows 11 Photos: I am trying to crop hundreds of images to the same pixel dimensions in Windows 11 Photos, with each image also needing to have the crop window manually adjusted to focus on the particular subject within the image. Is there a way for me to create a crop template that I can...
  4. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  5. In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...

In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop...: In the last unnecessary update in Photo gallery certain information is lost after I crop and save photos as a new image. I want my GPS information to be retained as I upload images to Inaturalist but it disappears. Can you change that?...
  6. Update to Windows 10 Photos app Now Missing 5x7 Resize/Crop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update to Windows 10 Photos app Now Missing 5x7 Resize/Crop: After Windows update, embedded Photos app no longer supports resizing or cropping photo for 5x7 paper size.When will this be fixed??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-photos-app-now-missing-5x7/5b1b7747-ccf6-4a3d-b28f-795fded595ec
  7. Update to Windows 10 Photos app Now Missing 5x7 Resize/Crop

Update to Windows 10 Photos app Now Missing 5x7 Resize/Crop: After Windows update, embedded Photos app no longer supports resizing or cropping photo for 5x7 paper size.When will this be fixed??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-photos-app-now-missing-5x7/5b1b7747-ccf6-4a3d-b28f-795fded595ec
  8. Choose a fit for your desktop image - Photos are distorted, cropped, cut off, zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose a fit for your desktop image - Photos are distorted, cropped, cut off, zoomed in.: Background settings Choices:Fill = Zooms in.Fit = Large black borders.Stretch = Makes things look short and stocky - distorted horizontal stretch.Tile = Large black borders.Center = Zooms in too far cutting off 25% perimeter.Span = Zooms in too far and cuts off the...
  9. Choose a fit for your desktop image - Photos are distorted, cropped, cut off, zoomed in.

Choose a fit for your desktop image - Photos are distorted, cropped, cut off, zoomed in.: Background settings Choices:Fill = Zooms in.Fit = Large black borders.Stretch = Makes things look short and stocky - distorted horizontal stretch.Tile = Large black borders.Center = Zooms in too far cutting off 25% perimeter.Span = Zooms in too far and cuts off the...
  10. Choose a fit for your desktop image - Photos are distorted, cropped, cut off, zoomed in.

in Windows 10 Customization