Windows 10: Photo does not display HEIC files

Discus and support Photo does not display HEIC files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giovanni Stoto, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Photo does not display HEIC files

Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535

Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0

HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0

Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files.

:)

Giovanni Stoto, Jan 14, 2020
  2. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Jan 14, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    HEIC Format Covert for Windows 7

See the following articles:

If you want to keep using HEIC on your iPhone (and there seems to be good reason to do that), you'll need some third-party utility. I don't know which of them have ads and which don't. However,

CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
    seems to be pretty popular and it's free for home users. See, for example,

https://www.howtogeek.com/345504/how-to-open-heic-files-on-windows-or-convert-them-to-jpeg/

4. Photo does not display HEIC files

HEIC files

Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?

MaryFrost1, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Photo does not display HEIC files

1. Photo does not display HEIC files - Similar Threads - Photo does display

2. How to display HEIC photos on PC screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display HEIC photos on PC screen: Hi. When I bulk transfer photos from my Android Samsung phone to Pictures on my new ASUS PC, which has Windows 11, the photos do not open and are not displayed, but simply show as HEIC. I can open each one individually but want to see them all individually displayed on the...
  3. How to display HEIC photos on PC screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to display HEIC photos on PC screen: Hi. When I bulk transfer photos from my Android Samsung phone to Pictures on my new ASUS PC, which has Windows 11, the photos do not open and are not displayed, but simply show as HEIC. I can open each one individually but want to see them all individually displayed on the...
  4. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  5. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  6. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HEIC File .HEIC download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC File .HEIC download: need HEIC add on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-file-heic-download/c257654c-cb9a-4939-9f05-8608ea15edbf
  8. Opening HEIC files on photos

Opening HEIC files on photos: Hi, I have a problem when opening HEIC photo files. I have the extension from Microsoft installed. Hope you can help.Thanks,Ethan Lam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-heic-files-on-photos/1b154ecc-aec9-4eaa-b33d-3a87fdeeea0e
  9. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEIC photos: How to view and download codecs on Windows. The computer says I own it but won't download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-photos/da1b3de8-29c2-4717-8577-db94adcb688b
  10. heic photos

heic photos: Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg. 6 of about 600...