Windows 10: Photo does not display HEIC files

Discus and support Photo does not display HEIC files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Giovanni Stoto, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Photo does not display HEIC files

Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535

Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0

HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0

Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files.

:)

Giovanni Stoto, Jan 14, 2020
  2. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Jan 14, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    HEIC Format Covert for Windows 7

See the following articles:

If you want to keep using HEIC on your iPhone (and there seems to be good reason to do that), you'll need some third-party utility. I don't know which of them have ads and which don't. However,

CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
    seems to be pretty popular and it's free for home users. See, for example,

https://www.howtogeek.com/345504/how-to-open-heic-files-on-windows-or-convert-them-to-jpeg/

4. Photo does not display HEIC files

HEIC files

Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?

MaryFrost1, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Photo does not display HEIC files

1. Photo does not display HEIC files - Similar Threads - Photo does display

2. Photos app does not display photos with a name starting with "IMG"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not display photos with a name starting with "IMG": I have a MD My Cloud Mirror drive that I've been using for a long time with Windows 7. I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10. Once I added the folder in Photos app for the cloud drive, I found that Photos is not displaying allow of my photos in the index, therefore I can...
  3. Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?: Windows 10 Pro Build 18362 I've seen articles describing a Setting in OneDrive for HEIC to JPG conversion. And I've also seen articles that indicate OneDrive does the conversion automatically. Wanted to ask here to get a definitive answer: Does OneDrive automatically...
  4. HEIC files to JPG files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC files to JPG files: How do I convert .HIEC files to .JPG files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-files-to-jpg-files/d2dda092-573f-4619-a020-d9b368e256b0
  5. HEIC files

HEIC files: Within the past couple of weeks, Windows 10 seems to have started to recognise HEIC files. However when I open them in Microsoft photos, the quality is very poor. Has anybody else had this problem . . . and hopefully resolved it?...
  6. HEIC file viewing

HEIC file viewing: I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions? I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location...
  7. HEIC Files

HEIC Files: I cannot open these files. When I open them it says to install a new codec. When I try to install the new codec, it says that I need to update my Windows. When I try to update Windows it says I am up to date. Please help!...
  8. Windows 10 and HEIC Files

Windows 10 and HEIC Files: Husband's iPhone is uploading both jpg and heic to the cloud. I save any of his family pics to my WIN 10 desktop. After research, it looks like HEIC is the winner for both quality AND size. I don't want to keep saving both, but kind of scared to get rid of the jpgs. Every...
  9. Delete HEIC File Type

Delete HEIC File Type: I've noticed that my windows 10 computer cannot delete HEIC files. When I try and delete them, it seems windows cannot find the files and move them to the trash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-heic-file-type/35286b0e-e34d-4369-b22e-ca971a7a1d23"
  10. Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...

Win 10 Photos App does not index/display HEIC files - installed apps HEVC video Extensions...: Restarted photos app several times and refreshed, but the HEIC files in the same folders as JPG files do not show up in the photos app. They dont even show up as grey/blank photos. The photos are from an iPhoneX and were imported by the photos app. The HEIF files open in...