Windows 10: Photo editing malfunction

Discus and support Photo editing malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After editing my photos with my Windows 10 black box appeared in the photos and spoilt them. What to do now to recover my photos in unedited form?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gaurabchaudhuri, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Photo editing malfunction

After editing my photos with my Windows 10 black box appeared in the photos and spoilt them. What to do now to recover my photos in unedited form?

:)

gaurabchaudhuri, Oct 22, 2018

2. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Oct 22, 2018
  3. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photo editing malfunction

editing photo using Microsoft Paint Photo Editor

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Paint?

• Have you tried saving the photos after editing?
    As a work around I suggest you to use Photo app for editing and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Photo editing malfunction

1. Photo editing malfunction - Similar Threads - Photo editing malfunction

2. Photo editing query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing query: I've several old film slide negatives from the 80's which I'm scanning with DigiScan to transfer onto my PC and need to enhance colours, tone, darker or lighter and so on but can't remember the name of the Win 10 app that does it rather than doing it online. Does anyone know...
  3. Windows 10 Photo is malfunctioning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo is malfunctioning.: Windows 10 Photo is not working properly. It comes on for two seconds and disappears. Can it be uninstalled and reinstalled? Also the icons are not coming up at small pictures, only a stock logo comes up....
  4. Windows 10 Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Editing: After editing a photo, the original is replaced by the edited version. Is there any way to recover the original photo if so desired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-editing/bc9ec8bc-13e8-4011-88fa-088d4c2335bf
  5. Photo editing malfunction

Photo editing malfunction: During editing my photos in Winfows 10 permanent box shaped black marks appeared on the pics and spoilt them. Please tell me how to recover the photos in unedited form. Thanks....
  6. Photos got damaged after photo editing

Photos got damaged after photo editing: After editing my photos in my windows 10 laptop black blocks appeared on the photos and spoilt them...please tell me how to recover my photos...Thanks...
  7. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  8. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...
  9. PHOTOS EDITING

PHOTOS EDITING: Some times after finishing editing ,clicking SAVE takes a long time to complete, sometimes never---Clicking ENHANCE most of the time does nothing, all other functions work OK RAY...
  10. Photo editing - unwanted borders

Photo editing - unwanted borders: Trying to use the W10 Photos app but even using borderless option or full page option some borders still remain or appear when I go to the PRINT option. I would appreciate any help as a bit of a novice to say the least. I haven't found another suitable Photoprint app for...