Windows 10: Photo editing query

Discus and support Photo editing query in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've several old film slide negatives from the 80's which I'm scanning with DigiScan to transfer onto my PC and need to enhance colours, tone, darker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Arcadian Win User

Photo editing query

I've several old film slide negatives from the 80's which I'm scanning with DigiScan to transfer onto my PC and need to enhance colours, tone, darker or lighter and so on but can't remember the name of the Win 10 app that does it rather than doing it online.

Does anyone know the name ?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Jan 11, 2019

2. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 11, 2019
  3. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Photo editing query

Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Photo editing query

1. Photo editing query - Similar Threads - Photo editing query

2. photo editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo editing: so I am having trouble adding text to my photos and saving. the text disappears!! help please, I must be doing something wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-editing/cbdf699b-f5c2-4d65-966b-2748b77b725d
  3. Editing photos

Editing photos: I can edit my photos from my Sony camera np problem but I am unable to do any editing on photos from my Samsung S10e mobile. The message 'oops, couldn't save that one' appears. Can you help me out with this please....
  4. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing: When I type on a picture using the photo editor, the video creator is activated bottom of screen. Then when I try to save my edits to the photo, I get a message that I need to finish my video before I can save. Very frustrating. Something is corrupted in the video editing...
  5. Query about MS Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query about MS Photos: I can not find fade in/fade out buttons in the app. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-ms-photos/4c00b68a-7ac5-47e5-924b-9127043774a0
  6. Editing a Photo

Editing a Photo: On Paint, how do I cut out and save a circled object from a photo, after I draw the circle around it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-a-photo/f810d7a1-834f-4502-b90e-e16ff5446f89
  7. Music , Photos and Video queries

Music , Photos and Video queries: Why is there no category for Music, Photos and Video under Windows 10, but they do exist in other Windows versions? Does Windows 10 not support music, photos and video?...
  8. editing photos

editing photos: Can someone tell me how I can get both red eye out and retouch on windows 10 like I can on windows 7? I have clicked on everything and I see nothing. I do not know what you mean by windows topics question below so I just picked a subject because nothing pertains to my...
  9. Editing photo

Editing photo: The enhance function hasn't been working for a week or so in Windows Photo Editor. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-photo/ea707164-ce2d-4685-b11a-3652046487c5
  10. PHOTOS EDITING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PHOTOS EDITING: Some times after finishing editing ,clicking SAVE takes a long time to complete, sometimes never---Clicking ENHANCE most of the time does nothing, all other functions work OK RAY...