Windows 10: Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

Discus and support Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VítorMagalhães1, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?

:)

VítorMagalhães1, Jan 16, 2022

2. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 16, 2022
  3. remove object in photo

If you mean edit the one photo then you need to use an external editor. There are some apps on the phone but this would required more precise work to make it look good. Nokia did release apps however to be able to take a few shots which, if the not wanted
    object is moving would allow you to combine the shots into one removing the unwanted object.

Paul van der Heu, Jan 16, 2022
  4. gtp58 Win User

Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

photo editor

Microsoft Photo Editor no longer available as a download. What App do you suggest?

gtp58, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

1. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal - Similar Threads - Photo editor longer

2. Photo Editor removing original info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Editor removing original info.: When photo editor opens a raw file eg Canon CR2, it can see all the basic info date taken, camera settings etc. However, when it saves an edited photo it removes this information. It retains this information when editing a jpeg or similar file. It ought to be relatively easy...
  3. Photo Editor removing original info.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Editor removing original info.: When photo editor opens a raw file eg Canon CR2, it can see all the basic info date taken, camera settings etc. However, when it saves an edited photo it removes this information. It retains this information when editing a jpeg or similar file. It ought to be relatively easy...
  4. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal: The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?...
  5. photo editor

photo editor: How do I get the old photo editor to work? Last week, something MS did, I now get a "new" photo editor". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-editor/dde225b8-3a9b-46af-887f-1e332bb2725e
  6. Photo Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Editor: All of the sudden I cannot save my edited pictures. I can't even save a crop. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-editor/34e81c89-fb98-4a07-af16-4646f56e4580
  7. PHOTO EDITOR:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PHOTO EDITOR:: Hi. WHERE HAS MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITOR GONE. Anthony R Gunn ps: I AM NOT SHOUTING THIS. I AM WRITING THIS SO I CAN READ IT. FAILING EYESIGHT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-editor/a3036a97-f0e6-4de7-ad11-bb58fd282f6b
  8. Removing parts of objects

Removing parts of objects: I have read previous comments regarding being unable to put holes in pre-generated objects, I have also found you cannot manipulate interior/exterior parts of tubes or cylinders. For the tasks I would like to use paint for I would have to invest in an actual engineering...
  9. Photo editor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo editor: I dislike the photo editor in the latest update of Microsoft 10. Is there a way to get the old version baci? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/photo-editor/20e5ff43-9cc5-414a-a1c0-bf7f894efc8d
  10. Is there a Photo Tag Editor that has this specific feature?

Is there a Photo Tag Editor that has this specific feature?: I'm organizing all my photos right now. I have one folder where the "Date" column is correct with the date/time the photo was taken. Most of my images have the "Date taken" info correct to but some of them are blank. I need to fill this in because once all my photos are...