Windows 10: Photo 'faces' have changed

Discus and support Photo 'faces' have changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All the 'faces' of my stored photos have suddenly taken on an identical blue & white scene, instead of showing the actual photo. The photo is revealed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Weed Angel, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Photo 'faces' have changed

All the 'faces' of my stored photos have suddenly taken on an identical blue & white scene, instead of showing the actual photo. The photo is revealed however when I open it. But how can I fix this? I've tried all the photo options such as Tile, Details, etc at the top right of the screen. I run a business, a recycle project, and sell household items, so have hundreds of photos fortunately carefully categorised in sub folders, but still don't want to be wasting time opening ones I don't want.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Weed Angel, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Photo 'faces' have changed face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Photo 'faces' have changed face-recognition-notice.png

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Photo 'faces' have changed

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Photo 'faces' have changed

1. Photo 'faces' have changed - Similar Threads - Photo 'faces' changed

2. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  3. Face Grouping in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  4. Face Grouping in Photos

Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  5. face recognition in Microsoft Photo's

face recognition in Microsoft Photo's: Hi I have over 30,000 photos and I am in the process of importing this into Microsoft Photos After a night of waiting, all photos with examples were included in the people folder. Given the large number, I think this is fast These photos include many upgrowing children and...
  6. Face tags in Photos

Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  7. All my photos have changed

in Windows 10 Support
    All my photos have changed: My pics have changed from JPEG to IMG suddenly, how do I revert back? 148352
  8. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  9. MS Photo Face Recognition

MS Photo Face Recognition: I recently replaced an old HP PC with a new Dell PC, both run/ran Windows 10. The photos and albums transferred ok but the face recognition feature is not functioning on the new Dell. Is there something I need to do? I don't remember doing anything in particular before, but...
  10. Photos have changed to jpg's!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos have changed to jpg's!: All my photos have changed to pdf's and I can't open them! Why and how can I fix this? I can highlight one at a time and right click and open it using Photos from the dropdown, but that doesn't change the extension. I'm using Windows 10 on an Acer PC. Thanks for your...