Windows 10: Photo file damaged?

Discus and support Photo file damaged? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning I took a look at my gallery (Huwai Y6 2019 OS: Android 9.1) and found the one in the pictures. I also used an SD card and I think the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Asemota111, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Photo file damaged?

Good morning

I took a look at my gallery (Huwai Y6 2019 OS: Android 9.1) and found the one in the pictures. I also used an SD card and I think the data was on it. The card was apparently not the best quality.

Photo file damaged? 0_big.jpg

Anybody got any ideas how I can fix this problem? In the picture below you can see that the file takes up as much memory as other working screenshots

Photo file damaged? 1_big.jpg

I have searched the PC for solutions but did not find any app that could help me. The file is displayed as JPGE file in windows but cannot be opened.

:)

Asemota111, Jun 13, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo file damaged? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    photo files

Hi Don,

We would like to ask some questions to better assist you with this issue.

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Did you receive any error messages/codes when you tried accessing your photo files?
    • Are you trying to access your photos through File Explorer or Photo app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Also, we suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may visit this
    article for the steps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jun 13, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Photo file damaged?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photo file damaged? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Photo file damaged?

1. Photo file damaged? - Similar Threads - Photo file damaged

2. Windows 7 File Damage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 File Damage: Lately I experienced about three BSOD and believe it may be due to my using one program in particular. After the last one I ran security programs I usually run: McAfee Stinger, Emisoft Emergency Kit Scanner and Spybot Search And Destroy. MSE is on this computer and it...
  3. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  4. Trying to restore damaged photo files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to restore damaged photo files: Hello,I have some old photo files that I am trying to access. When I open the file, I get a prompt that says it’s corrupt, damaged or file is too large. I have attempted to open these on various programs. The files are mostly JPG files. These photo files were used/opened on...
  5. Corrupt or Damaged File

Corrupt or Damaged File: I was working on a Word Document when I got the blue screen (stopcode) that indicates that there was an issue with my computer and it shuts down. After getting logged back in, I tried to open my Word document again, but suddenly I am getting this error: [ATTACH] I tried...
  6. Damaged file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Damaged file: How do I repair a damaged Adobe PDF file? MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damaged-file/a3799082-2d08-4d96-81dd-0238b6868fcf
  7. Files are damaged

Files are damaged: I have some very important files for my work in my USB but when I open them it says that the files are damaged. Please, I need these files urgently as I can do to have them back. Please help me...
  8. FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES.: Hello, I need help, my files were damaged by a virus and all my documents are already three antiviruses and nothing. There is some way to recover my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-damaged-by-viruses/b59ddbc8-a023-4159-9970-f5080d234e67"
  9. FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES…

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FILES DAMAGED BY VIRUSES…: Hi. I need help to solve this problem, my files were damaged by a virus and all my documents were left with the extension uudjvu. Already pass three antivirus and other malware and the notebook is clean. There is some way to recover my files....
  10. Photos got damaged after photo editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos got damaged after photo editing: After editing my photos in my windows 10 laptop black blocks appeared on the photos and spoilt them...please tell me how to recover my photos...Thanks...