Windows 10: Photo file extension with strange characters

Discus and support Photo file extension with strange characters in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After saving photos, image has multiple weird characters, and says 0 size. How can I get rid of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlotteMcCrae, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Photo file extension with strange characters

After saving photos, image has multiple weird characters, and says 0 size.

How can I get rid of this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've done scans and date reset, but did not help.

Thank you.

Photo file extension with strange characters 31b588e8-29c0-48e1-940b-ec5075f52d91?upload=true.jpg

:)

CharlotteMcCrae, Sep 12, 2018

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 12, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Photo files

Hi Aldo,

There is a possibility that those files have an unknown (results of corruption) file extensions that are hidden. This causes you not to be able to open the files. What we can do to check if they really have an unknown file extension is by doing this so:

• On the upper part of the File Explorer, click on View, and tick on the
      File name extensions option. This will show you the extensions of every file.
    • If you see any unknown extensions, remove and change them by the correct file extensions.

This has to be the answer to your questions.

Let us know what happens after doing the steps.

John Sarc, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Photo file extension with strange characters

OnePostWonder, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Photo file extension with strange characters

1. Photo file extension with strange characters - Similar Threads - Photo file extension

2. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  3. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.: When I copy a file to the same location it is in, Windows automatically adds the word "copy עותק" to the end of the file name, which is great. But there is a strange phenomenon that at the beginning of the file name are added two unvisible characters.My windows version is...
  4. When copying a file, strange characters are added to the file name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  6. photo viewer changes the file extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo viewer changes the file extension: photo viewer changes the file extension to jiff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer-changes-the-file-extension/cd68df3a-f47c-4b3c-86e0-bd42ca88bbae
  7. Strange file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange file extension: I have 2 files that I do not know/remember what was used to create them, they are both .sra files. I have tried converting these files (using online sites) to .pdf, .doc, .jpg, etc.; but I get an error each time. The errors usually say the file is not recognized & cannot be...
  8. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo with strange extension