Windows 10: Photo files showing wrong time

Discus and support Photo files showing wrong time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently noticed that when I upload photos from an SD card to my computer that the time stamps are always off be a few-several hours. Here's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RalphBaker4, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Photo files showing wrong time

I have recently noticed that when I upload photos from an SD card to my computer that the time stamps are always off be a few-several hours. Here's an example: in the screenshot below the timestamp on the photo is 2:23 AM, but this photo was taken at 2:23 PM. The date is correct, but the times are all off. I checked some older files and the same issue has been happening for a while. I don't know exactly when the issue started but files that were saved on my old computer and imported to the new one did not have this issue.Is there a way to fix the problem for future uploads?Thanks

:)

RalphBaker4, Aug 11, 2021

2. Shows the wrong time

Hi Jonas,

If you live in a region that does not observe daylight saving time (DST), but the Windows setting for that time zone
    does adjust for daylight saving time, we recommend that you do not clear the
    Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box in the
    Time Zone Settings dialog box. Instead, we suggest that you select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and that has the same Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) offset as the current time zone.

For example, assume that your current time zone is (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada). There are two time zones that do not observe daylight saving time and that have the same UTC offset (-06:00):

• (UTC-06:00) Central America
    • (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan

To change your time zone setting, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Change the time zone.
    • In the Time Zone area of the Date and Time
      dialog box, click Change time zone.
    • In the Time zone list, select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and has the same UTC offset as your current time zone.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Aug 11, 2021
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photo files showing wrong time [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Photo files showing wrong time

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you get an error “Something went wrong”, when importing Photos from iPhone using Microsoft Photos App.

Adding to GoBYU suggestions, here is some additional information that you may want to check.

Since you are importing 1000’s of photos at a time, this could be the reason you are receiving the error. We would suggest you to importing the photos in batches of 250-300 photos at a time and see if it works for you.

Couple of our users were also able to fix the issue by changing the file permissions for the Pictures folder. We can also try changing file permissions and see if that makes a difference. Please refer to the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Pictures folder and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Security Tab, click on your username and click on
      Edit.
    3. Select Full Control check box and click on
      OK.

However, if iCloud is enabled on your iOS device, you won’t be able to download your photos or videos. Your images exist on iCloud but not on your device. If you want to open or import these photos or videos to your PC, do so using the iCloud desktop
    app.

For more information, see
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Photo files showing wrong time

1. Photo files showing wrong time - Similar Threads - Photo files showing

2. Win10 new calendar showing wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 new calendar showing wrong time: Here's the problemI'm using same series of reminding with same time on both new calendar and old one, but they shows different time in win10 new calendar, which is confusing. I actually tried to set it at 10o'clock in the morning, but it is switch to American time zone once...
  3. Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.: Since the start of British Summer Time the lock screen is one hour out. The region and display settings are correct, and when unlocked the machine shows the correct time, however the large clock on the lock screen has not adjusted....
  4. Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.: Since the start of British Summer Time the lock screen is one hour out. The region and display settings are correct, and when unlocked the machine shows the correct time, however the large clock on the lock screen has not adjusted....
  5. Computer showing the wrong time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing the wrong time: I've looked around google a bit and my settings and still have no answer to my problem. For some reason, my time is 7pm right now pacific standard time. It says that everywhere in my house and on google. But, my computer says its 10pm pacific standard time. Meaning it's 3...
  6. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar: I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed. I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my Google Calendar. At first, there were no problems, but ever since daylight savings time occurred in my time zone minus one...
  7. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery is showing wrong estimate and time: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-showing-wrong-estimate-and-time/eb5b6721-c69f-4ab1-aec2-c5358bcae5aa
  8. Time and Date Time Stamp Wrong - Uploading Photos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Time and Date Time Stamp Wrong - Uploading Photos on Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to upload photos from my iPhone to my windows 10 laptop. However, when the photos are uploaded to my PC, they are displaying the date of upload rather than the date the photo/video was taken. I even tried to go in to each individual photo and edit...
  9. My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time

in Windows 10 Support
    My file and folder timestamps are showing the wrong time: Over the summer in the UK (when we were on British Summer Time) my files and folders had the correct time on them, but ever since Daylight Savings kicked in and moved us back to Greenwich Mean Time, my files (depending on what app is used to view the file details) keeps...
  10. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...