Windows 10: Photo folder missing after recent update

Discus and support Photo folder missing after recent update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Photo folder is missing after recent update. Only one folder is missing but I want to know if/how I can get it back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshleyBaker1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Photo folder missing after recent update

Photo folder is missing after recent update. Only one folder is missing but I want to know if/how I can get it back.

:)

AshleyBaker1, Sep 23, 2020

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 23, 2020
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Photo folder missing after recent update :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Photo folder missing after recent update

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Photo folder missing after recent update [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Photo folder missing after recent update

1. Photo folder missing after recent update - Similar Threads - Photo folder missing

2. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update: Windows 10 Version 21H1Although I know that you can rename photo files within Explorer, sometimes I prefer to open the photo and rename it whilst the photo is open using an option top right of the screen to view file name from memory! and I can rename the detail and save -...
  3. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update: Windows 10 Version 21H1Although I know that you can rename photo files within Explorer, sometimes I prefer to open the photo and rename it whilst the photo is open using an option top right of the screen to view file name from memory! and I can rename the detail and save -...
  4. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos in folder gone after an update.: i hope somebody can help me. i have all my photos thanksgiving photos in a folder. i sucessfully saved it and i was sure it was there coz i even opened it. then after the update, i opened the folder it was all empty now. anybody espcially from microsoft team can help?...
  6. photos in folder gone after an update.

photos in folder gone after an update.: i hope somebody can help me. i have all my photos thanksgiving photos in a folder. i sucessfully saved it and i was sure it was there coz i even opened it. then after the update, i opened the folder it was all empty now. anybody espcially from microsoft team can help?...
  7. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Missing Photos folders

Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...
  9. Photos app missing after recent update

Photos app missing after recent update: Split from this thread. ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-missing-after-recent-update/03e4aaaf-15da-4409-a72b-a4c230e46e2e
  10. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update: When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never delete it and it would take awhile to delete because of how many photos are in there so I would have noticed if I had...