Windows 10: Photo folders are mixed up

Discus and support Photo folders are mixed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just copied some photos from my old laptop onto my new one which has windows 10. The photos were sorted into folders called 'boat', 'pets',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by motherteresa, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Photo folders are mixed up

I have just copied some photos from my old laptop onto my new one which has windows 10. The photos were sorted into folders called 'boat', 'pets', 'family', 'trees', 'for printing' etc each containing photos taken on more than one occasion. Now on my new laptop they are sorted into date folders and all my photos are mixed up.
    How do I get my folders back and how do I make sure this doesn't happen next time I copy photos across?

:)

motherteresa, Oct 22, 2015

2. Photo filter

Hi , I have imported photos to the Microsoft photo application based on the date its taken. However its not filtered based on the date taken. Is there any option to filter the photo , based on its taken(exact match) . if we sort the photos in folder based
    still its mix up with other photos which I taken different date .Please advise.

anishkoyickal, Oct 22, 2015
  3. My Inbox is gone and other folders are mixed up

My inbox has disappeared and other folders seem to have duplicated themselves, disappeared or merged into other folders.

My email is working perfectly well on my phone and ipad, but not my Surface Pro tablet. I seem to be able to send new emails.

It happened when I opened Outlook last night and began typing an email reply. Everything was normal and then I looked up from beginning the new email and it was all different, with no inbox.

Any suggestions for repairing it?

MattNicolle, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Photo folders are mixed up

What picture viewer are you using? Please send us a screenshot. To do that, press "PrintScrn" on your keyboard, then go to paint, and press Cntrl+v. Then save as a png file and upload it here

AbAppletic, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Just using File Explorer at the moment.
    Photo folders are mixed up [​IMG]

motherteresa, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Are you sure the folder names on your usb are the names you said?
    Try making a folder on you desktop then moving the pictures off the USB into that folder.
    Also, what kind of thumbdrive/USB/etc are you using? Kingston?

AbAppletic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Photo folders are mixed up

1. Photo folders are mixed up - Similar Threads - Photo folders are

2. Time mix up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time mix up: My date and time is mixed up between the time shown on the clock on the bottom left and the time shown on my computer, the time shown on the bottom left is the correct one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-mix-up/a099868d-ab83-4651-86f1-22f90683ac2f
  3. Time mix up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time mix up: My date and time is mixed up between the time shown on the clock on the bottom left and the time shown on my computer, the time shown on the bottom left is the correct one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-mix-up/a099868d-ab83-4651-86f1-22f90683ac2f
  4. Stereo mix not showing up

Stereo mix not showing up: The stereo mix won't show up under the recording tab on sound, and the realtek also won't show up on my device manager. However, it can be seen on my program files. I already tried installing realtek again but it still won't show up, and my computer is already up-to-date....
  5. Help! OneDrive Screwing Up Computer, Mixing Desktop Folder, Documents Folder File...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! OneDrive Screwing Up Computer, Mixing Desktop Folder, Documents Folder File...: I'm having a difficult time restoring folders to their proper location. OneDrive sync has screwed up everything. I unlinked a long time ago, but it never unsynced and all the file and folder locations got screwed up. I uninstalled OneDrive, but I still have a OneDrive folder...
  6. Print dialog box of Photos app has languages mixed up

Print dialog box of Photos app has languages mixed up: Hi! When I take a print using the print dialog box of the photos app, parameters such as "orientation" and "paper size" are displayed in devanagari instead of english(us) which is my default language for all of windows 10. How can I restore this ? Thanks!...
  7. Mixed up Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mixed up Keys: I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my keys back to normal. Today, I logged on and found that my volume up became esc, my brightness buttons were fullscreen and the other one pops up some weird coding screen, etc. Most of the other keys haven't changed. I've went...
  8. Keyboard mixed up

Keyboard mixed up: how do i change the settings on my keyboard, when I press control and a number key the wrong symbol comes up for example the number 3 is showing up as # instead of a pound sign, and when I click the # sign its coming up as \...
  9. mixed up accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mixed up accounts: After recent update, my account (I am admin) and my husband's account are mixed up and tied together. The account with his name has my avatar and my email shown in settings. His email and mine are separate, mostly because he usually uses a gmail account, but any change made...
  10. Colors mixed up

Colors mixed up: So I have not changed anything in windows, and just today file explorer and basically any thing that highlights is has a weird color to it. For example, on the desktop when I try to highlight multiple applications, there is a yellow box with an aqua outline to it rather...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my folders are all mixed

2. photos are all mixed up. how to separate into separate folders