Windows 10: Photo Folders Gone Wonky :)

Discus and support Photo Folders Gone Wonky :) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope someone can help. Here is what I had up until a few days ago. A folder on my desktop with several dozen images and several dozen folders each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rebop, Nov 26, 2019.

1. rebop Win User

Photo Folders Gone Wonky :)

I hope someone can help.

Here is what I had up until a few days ago.

A folder on my desktop with several dozen images and several dozen folders each with 10-100 images. All of the folders inside of this master folder shows the folder open with small previews of the contents. I creaet a new folder, add images and the same - icon is a preview of enclosed images. All good. The desktop folder has had its default icon changed to something I prefer. Has worked for a long, long time.

Now as of a few days, if I create a new folder inside the master folder it has the icon of the master folder. The only way to change that is to go to right click properties, customize, restore default - or, change icon, restore defaults. Saving as applying this view to folders of this type changes ALL folders - even those set to details rather than large icons and does not seem to fix this issue.

All worked for a long time. Any idea how to get back to where I would like to be? Thanks!

Win 10 1903

- - - Updated - - -

Let me add, this is only in this folder. If I create a new folder on the desktop and add images, it shows the preview icon as expected.

If I drag that new proper folder from the desktop to this folder, it stays as expected. It is only NEW folders create in this folder that have the issue.

:)

rebop, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Photo Folders Gone Wonky :)

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Photo Folders Gone Wonky :)

1. Photo Folders Gone Wonky :) - Similar Threads - Photo Folders Gone

2. Documents and photos are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents and photos are gone: I opened my computer and all my documents and photos are gone. I am not logged in as a temporary account user. I have searched for a Windows.old folder and don't see one. When I open the folders for pictures and documents it days this folder is empty. I have restarted the...
  3. Business Folder GONE!!! ****

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Business Folder GONE!!! ****: So, on Tues 6/4/19 was working in my Business Folder (Documents) that contains 90% of my businesses data. On Wed 6/5/19 all of a sudden that Folder and ALL its contents were GONE. I searched searched searched....... NOTHING I've downloaded tons of software to try and...
  4. Photo albums gone

Photo albums gone: Most of my albums have disappeared from my computer. If I go to Onedrive.com they are there. How can I get them back on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums-gone/3f6cf753-488b-438a-9a97-36d75cdd1c07"
  5. My Files Are Wonky?

My Files Are Wonky?: My computer is constantly telling me I have thousands of files in my one drive. I deleted what was showing. I also have Sims 4 with custom content. It went crazy, and now I can't delete a lot of files. It gives the delete option but nothing happens....
  6. Wonky keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wonky keyboard: The question mark key and the at sign on my Vostro3560 laptop now give the wrong symbols. This used to happen occasionally during a session and would correct with a restart, but now the problem is permanent. How can I get my keyboard back?...
  7. Is Windows Photo Viewer gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Photo Viewer gone?: I noticed a few builds ago (maybe 10162) that you could no longer set Windows Photo Viewer as the default picture opener. Now, it seems that MS is forcing you to use the Photos "app" instead. Is anyone else getting this issue? 8930
  8. Photo app is gone

Photo app is gone: Hi, every one l have laptop works on windows 10, when l lunched the windows l make all update setting off but the problem is from day to day the windows makes update by it self (Automatic) even l switch off all update setting and there is application that run my photo but...
  9. photos in contacts all gone

photos in contacts all gone: Within the last week or so, all of my photos associated with my contacts have been deleted. It's also missing on outlook.com. What might have caused such an issue and how can I get them back? I'm on Windows 10 version 1607 (os build 14393.351) 68646
  10. photos in contacts all gone

in Windows 10 Support
    photos in contacts all gone: Within the last week or so, all of my photos associated with my contacts have been deleted. It's also missing on outlook.com. What might have caused such an issue and how can I get them back? I'm on Windows 10 version 1607 (os build 14393.351) 69003