Windows 10: Photo Icons

Discus and support Photo Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I bought my computer I loaded my pictures and had no problems seeing the icons. I do not know what changed, but now I can only see thumbnails. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisGremo1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Photo Icons

When I bought my computer I loaded my pictures and had no problems seeing the icons. I do not know what changed, but now I can only see thumbnails. I have tried everything I have found on this problem and there is no change in this problem. What can I do to be able to see my pictures?

:)

ChrisGremo1, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 9, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photo Icons :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Photo Icons

Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Photo Icons

1. Photo Icons - Similar Threads - Photo Icons

2. Photos on desktop PC HP W7 Appearing as icons: does the advice that I have copied and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on desktop PC HP W7 Appearing as icons: does the advice that I have copied and...: I also have photos on an external hard drive, that once appeared as photos, also upon trying to open them on the PC, actually also a second PC running W10, appearing as icons of various different kinds amongst a file of 15 photos out of a total of about 25....
  3. Photos on desktop PC HP W7 Appearing as icons: does the advice that I have copied and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on desktop PC HP W7 Appearing as icons: does the advice that I have copied and...: I also have photos on an external hard drive, that once appeared as photos, also upon trying to open them on the PC, actually also a second PC running W10, appearing as icons of various different kinds amongst a file of 15 photos out of a total of about 25....
  4. Is there ANY way to change the icon for the windows PHOTO APP that appears in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there ANY way to change the icon for the windows PHOTO APP that appears in my taskbar: So here is the crazy thing - i managed to change icons for all the other apps in my taskbar by creating a shortcut first, changing the icon of the shortcut, and then pinning the shortcut to the taskbar. Although I CAN create a shortcut of the photos app and change its icon on...
  5. Is there ANY way to change the icon for the windows PHOTO APP that appears in my taskbar

Is there ANY way to change the icon for the windows PHOTO APP that appears in my taskbar: So here is the crazy thing - i managed to change icons for all the other apps in my taskbar by creating a shortcut first, changing the icon of the shortcut, and then pinning the shortcut to the taskbar. Although I CAN create a shortcut of the photos app and change its icon on...
  6. Is there ANY way to change the icon for the windows PHOTO APP that appears in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  8. How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon

How do i get my pictures to display instead of the photo icon: I am having trouble seeing my pictures on my computer. all i see is the photo icon. not the picture itself, I don't know when this started but it has been plaguing me for quite a while. Can anyone help me as i am getting frustrated in fixing this problem. I want to see my...
  9. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...
  10. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...