Windows 10: photo import destination changed

Discus and support photo import destination changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frustrated_with_photo_app, Dec 8, 2020.

1. photo import destination changed

Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to create a new file and each time I import photos, I need to change the destination to the file. Why has this changed? It is a pain to have to first remember to set up a file then remember to change the destination when importing. It there a way to get the old app back?

:)

frustrated_with_photo_app, Dec 8, 2020

2. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Hi Karl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. How are you trying to import the camera photos onto your computer?

If the Photos Application is just disappearing, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store and then try to import the photos
    from your camera onto your computer.

You might not be able to directly import the photos from your camera to a specific folder in the Photos application, so I suggest you to import the photos from your camera and it will appear in the Collection tab in the Photos application. Then, you
    will be able to create an Album for all those pictures.

Else, once you connect your camera to the computer, you can go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on your camera > Copy the photos that you want by selecting the photos and pressing the
    Ctrl and C keys > Then, paste those photos in a specific folder that you have created.

If you want this folder to be visible in the Photos application, then you just need to go to
    Folders tab beside to Albums tab > Click on
    Add a folder
    > Then, select the folder where the photos are located.

For reference, you may also refer Import photos and videos from phone to
    PC
    and the section Import photos and videos from
    See all your photos and check if this helps.

You may also follow the suggestions
    provided by Andre Da Costa dated December 21, 2015.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 8, 2020
  4. KarlPoole Win User

photo import destination changed

Unable to change the import destination in photos

Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen.

KarlPoole, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

photo import destination changed

1. photo import destination changed - Similar Threads - photo import destination

2. how to designate destination folder for imported photos to photo app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to designate destination folder for imported photos to photo app in windows 10: how to desinate destination folder for imported photos to photo app in windows 10 from external device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-designate-destination-folder-for-imported/a5710b06-078a-42dd-9a86-acf78deadbeb
  3. Photos app - unable to change photos import destination

Photos app - unable to change photos import destination: I am not able to change the destination of my pictures when importing using Photos. I was able to do this a few days ago but something changed. When I clicked on the change the destination button, I get a list of folders that I can use but when I select one, the app clocks...
  4. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  5. Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination

Importing photos - suddenly unable to change import destination: I have been importing photos for many years without issue. However, recently, the import destination defaults to: C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures. I don't have OneDrive operational on my laptop so, obviously, don't want that destination. I try to amend the destination to my...
  6. Import destination

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import destination: I have always been able to import pictures from my camera to Pictures. Now it goes into another file and not into This PC\Pictures. It asks if I want to change to a different destination, but will not let me do so. How do I change my import destination back to Pictures as...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination: Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month. I have followed instructions given on the forum here...
  8. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Unable to change the import destination in photos: Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen....
  9. Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos

Can not change import settings - i'e'. destination folder in photos: When I click on 'change import settings' it will ledt me select a new folder but when i click on 'add to pictures' nothing changes and photos just shuts down....
  10. Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination: during an import, I click on Import Settings -> Change the Import destination. I select an existing folder in my Pictures directory. Windows Photos closes....