Windows 10: Photo - Invalid value for registry

Discus and support Photo - Invalid value for registry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning my PC lost its ability to display photos, it come up with a message " Invalid value for registry "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrahamClark6, May 26, 2019.

1. Photo - Invalid value for registry

This morning my PC lost its ability to display photos, it come up with a message " Invalid value for registry "

:)

GrahamClark6, May 26, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

More: from Gunners File Type Editor:

Photo - Invalid value for registry [​IMG]

and regedit

Have you tried viewing photos in a folder not in (e.g.) the Pictures folder?
    Have you tried the apps troubleshooter?
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps - Windows Help -

dalchina, May 26, 2019
  3. AnetO1234 Win User
    invalid value for registry

Please tell me why I can not view photos all it says is "invalid value for registry"

AnetO1234, May 26, 2019
  4. Photo - Invalid value for registry

Win 10 - Invalid value for registry

I tried the above steps , once completed, it says it had found corrupt files and rectified it. I restarted the system, but when I click on my photos, it gives the same error!! "Invalid value for registry"

JimmyAugustine, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Photo - Invalid value for registry

1. Photo - Invalid value for registry - Similar Threads - Photo Invalid value

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  4. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  5. Invalid Value for registry -- SHORTCUTS, not photos!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid Value for registry -- SHORTCUTS, not photos!!!!: All of a sudden and without any obvious reason 3 of my shortcuts that are links to Web pages are getting this error. I have researched it and all the discussion/fixes refer to JPG files and the Photos app, which is irrelevant to my case. I have rebuilt the shortcuts; I even...
  6. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  7. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  8. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  9. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...
  10. Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos: "Invalid Value for Registry": Apparently it is my turn: Photos app no longer launches (clicking on the icon does nothing; no error report in Event Log). Trying to double-click image files associated with Photos results in "Invalid Value for Registry" message box. No explanation as to for what value is...