Windows 10: Photo Management Recommendation ?

Discus and support Photo Management Recommendation ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a neighbor who is in her 80s and just received a new-to-her machine. I've done some upgrades (SSD, RAM, etc) to it and have copied her photos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigelvis, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Photo Management Recommendation ?

I have a neighbor who is in her 80s and just received a new-to-her machine. I've done some upgrades (SSD, RAM, etc) to it and have copied her photos, email, etc. Trying to make things as seamless from her old Win7 machine to this one.

Her photos were scattered all over the place in various locations, and I've loaded them in to her Pictures folder. However, the Photos app is dreadful and doesn't scan subdirectories, and wants to move all of her (folder organized by date and event) photos in to one folder.

Main Question: What should I have her use as a photo app that will be simple enough to view the photos, but not as terrible as the Windows Photos app? What do you use for photos in Windows?

submitted by /u/bigelvis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigelvis, Mar 8, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photo Management Recommendation ? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Photo Management Recommendation ?

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Photo Management Recommendation ?

1. Photo Management Recommendation ? - Similar Threads - Photo Management Recommendation

2. Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates: Is there a recommended approach or a best practice for managing Windows updates in a business environment to minimize disruptions while ensuring system security? I'm interested in learning about strategies or tools that effectively balance the need for timely updates with the...
  3. Recommended wifi manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommended wifi manager: I would like a recommendation for a wifi manager app that controls internet access per application based on my metered network settings. I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. The laptop is set to recognize my phone as a metered connection. Many applications do not look...
  4. Need recommendations for iPhone W10 photo/video software manager

Need recommendations for iPhone W10 photo/video software manager: Hi all - I really like the way Apple organizes my photos and videos on my iPhone using iOS. Problem is that the iCloud application for windows does not support these features - terrible. Therefore I need a quality program that can organize my iPhone photos and videos while...
  5. Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations

Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations: Hi Looking for a Decent internet Download manager ? any Recommendations Any thing good fast and has worked for you as i am not tech savvy Thank you oh i forgot either it is free or i get lucky for a registry code dont have money for this *Biggrin 147205
  6. Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment

in Windows 10 Support
    Need recommendations for small office resources IT managment: Hi there. First of all, thank you to everyone who posts here to offer there advice and help. You folks are amazing! I am the "technology manager" (among the several hats I wear) for a 4-person office. I am looking for recommendations for a good information source geared...
  7. Recommendations for viewing photos? (no facial recognition etc)

Recommendations for viewing photos? (no facial recognition etc): hello, new to Windows 10. I keep my photos organized in folders and intend to keep them that way. How can I open and view the photos in a given folder as a group? Any simple applications? I don't want to use Pictures because it seems to want to reorganize the pictures that I...
  8. manage photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manage photo tags: How do I edit spelling of photo tags and delete unwanted ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-photo-tags/41c92d35-8ee3-4207-bfb9-fe83b0f88eaa
  9. Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?: I have to maintain five physical computers with an additional four infrequently used test partitions that I select via multi-boot. All Windows 10. I'm interested in a tool that would automatically download (and install?) updated drivers. "Reasonable cost" is OK. Any...
  10. Recommendation for a partition manager

Recommendation for a partition manager: I recently upgraded a Dell XPS 8700 to Win10 and then downgraded back to Win7 because of compatibility with games. I'd like to delete the 21.18 GB recovery partition and add that space of the OS partition (Disk 2), SSD. The recovery partition is for Win8 its no longer needed....