Windows 10: "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”

Discus and support "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop will always reboot after several minutes idle. I try to reinstall the system, but it is still the same. Finally I find the problem caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ran, Feb 9, 2020.

1. RAN
    Ran Win User

"Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”

My laptop will always reboot after several minutes idle. I try to reinstall the system, but it is still the same. Finally I find the problem caused by "Photo media engine add in", an extra application which will install automatically when open the "Photos" application. I have tested it. When I try to start the "Photo media engine add in" application in Microsoft Application Store, the computer suddenly reboot.
    I have pinpoint the problem exist in "Photo media engine add in". So I want to know how to unload this application and I hope developers can fixed the problem.

The information of rebooting from Events Viwer.

"Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“” 4bde19e7-d7bd-4efb-802b-a4834e8ca9da?upload=true.png

The application causes rebooting. It seems that this application scans photos in my disks and causes the problem.

"Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“” b465aab0-0760-4a74-84e8-eb528cff6da3?upload=true.png

:)

2. Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - I have to reboot if computer sits idle for a short period

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How long the computer is in idle state?
    • Does the computer hangs when it is in idle state?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Are you getting any prompt to restart the computer?

Please do let us know with more information regarding this issue, so that we can assist further on this.

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2020
  4. "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

"Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“”

1. "Photo media engine add in" will cause my computer to restart in idle state“” - Similar Threads - Photo media engine

2. What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    What is Photos Media Engine Add-on and how to install it on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Photos app on Windows is one of the best image viewers or editors with basic features for a normal user. There is an add-on that is available for the Photos app in the name of Photos Media Engine Add-on. In this guide, we explain to you what this add-on is all about...
  3. Photos Media Engine Add-on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Media Engine Add-on: i just got a prompt to install Photos Media Engine Add-on so i did. The installation asked me which computer and it listed 2 of them. ONE of them is a computer I no longer own. How do I remove that computer from Microsoft?????W10-64 Pro...
  4. Printing causes my computer to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing causes my computer to restart: when i print, it the same as if i select restart. one fix was to connect the printer to another room's outlet as all 3 outlets in my computer room gives a restart. I am using Windows 10e....
  5. Computer restarting when idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...
  6. How do I Delete Photos media engine add on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Delete Photos media engine add on: How do I Delete Photos media engine add on. I did not even Download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-photos-media-engine-add-on/84b0014f-7af2-44c2-acee-6a08a7fc4c96
  7. Printing causes my computer to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing causes my computer to restart: Everything was working just fine and than about 2 weeks ago when ever I printed to my network HP M477FNW printer my computer would shut down. This was not just limited to me printing. If anyone else in the house prints to this printer from their computer or iPad, my...
  8. How do I remove "photos media engine add-on"? Why is MS installing this without my knowledge?

How do I remove "photos media engine add-on"? Why is MS installing this without my knowledge?: I connected my iPhone to my Windows 10 version 1803 computer via USB. While deleting photos on the iPhone and moving others to my computer, I received a message the "photos media engine add-on" had been downloaded and installed. I am not able to find any information via the...
  9. photo media add on

photo media add on: what does the photo media engine add on do how does it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-media-add-on/fe06072c-1e17-4ecd-aa75-c765d883c3f6
  10. What does the Photos Media Engine Add-on do?

What does the Photos Media Engine Add-on do?: Newer builds of the Microsoft Photo App automatically install the PhotosMedia Engine Add-on, itself an app available in the Microsoft App Store. The description reads: "This add-on activates advanced search capabilities in Microsoft Photos and subsequently helps users find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo media add-on

2. how to remove photos media engine add-on microsoft windows 10