Windows 10: Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Discus and support Photo microsoft app not openning photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HenriGendron, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you.

:)

HenriGendron, Aug 22, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

Photo microsoft app not openning photos

1. Photo microsoft app not openning photos - Similar Threads - Photo microsoft app

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  5. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  6. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Microsoft Photos App will not open: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing...
  7. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  8. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  9. Microsoft Photos app opens randomly

Microsoft Photos app opens randomly: I have seen multiple posts regarding this issue, and have tried many of the solutions, but the app still opens randomly which is extremely annoying. Is there any fix from Microsoft for this issue? I have version 2019.18114.17710.0 on Windows 10. I have gone through so many...
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2