Windows 10: Photo program does not show

Discus and support Photo program does not show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to set ThumbsPLus as my default photo viewer, but it doesn't show up as a choice when making default selection. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tampatexan, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Photo program does not show

I'm trying to set ThumbsPLus as my default photo viewer, but it doesn't show up as a choice when making default selection. Any suggestions?

:)

Tampatexan, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photo program does not show :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 6, 2020
  4. CargoX Win User

Photo program does not show

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Photo program does not show

1. Photo program does not show - Similar Threads - Photo program does

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos: I have Windows 10, Office 365 on my desktop PC. When I try to import photos from my iPhone, the jpg preview image no longer appears in Windows Photo - only a blue background jpg image appears - not the actual photo image. Why is this? I have my iPhone settings set to save the...
  5. Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos

Why Does JPG Photo Image Not Show in Windows Photos: I have Windows 10, Office 365 on my desktop PC. When I try to import photos from my iPhone, the jpg preview image no longer appears in Windows Photo - only a blue background jpg image appears - not the actual photo image. Why is this? I have my iPhone settings set to save the...
  6. Photo app does not show images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  7. Photo app does not show images

Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  8. Facebook app does not show in Sharing panel of Windows 10 photo program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook app does not show in Sharing panel of Windows 10 photo program.: When I try to share a photo from my Windows 10 photo program the options shown do not include Facebook. It has the email, twitter etc. but no Facebook. How can I get Facebook to be listed?...
  9. Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?

Why does Photos not look a Windows Program?: Hello I sometimes use Windows Photos to edit and crop Photos. I would like to know why Windows have changed the whole Interface for Photos in Windows 10. Now the background is black and the Menus are on the top right. I always thought that MS enforced strict rules on...
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...