Windows 10: Photo program options with new Win 10 computer.

Discus and support Photo program options with new Win 10 computer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just bought a new Computer with Windows 10, I was on 8.1. I do a lot of Photo work, and have my photo files very well organised and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leanna10, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Leanna10 Win User

Photo program options with new Win 10 computer.

I have just bought a new Computer with Windows 10, I was on 8.1.

I do a lot of Photo work, and have my photo files very well organised and use Photoshop.

I have been reading about the Photo App issues with Win 10, ie moving and categorizing photos in the background, making albums etc, but this was a while ago. Is this still a problem? I do not want any Photo app that does things in the background that I do not want.

Please advise as if so I will remove the Photo App before I add any photos to the PC.

I have also noticed that Windows Media Viewer is not one of the default photo apps on the PC.

Surely Microsoft haven't removed it and only left an App that does things you do not want in the background.

Quite frustrated by what I have read.

Thank You

:)

Leanna10, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 24, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Photo program options with new Win 10 computer.

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Original Title : frustrated in PA

Since downloading Win10, I cannot make Photo Explosion my default photo program. How do I inactivate or delete Win Photo Viewer, Paint, and Photo? They're not in my programs/uninstall list in Control Panel. Photo Explosion is on my computer, working, but
    cannot be set as default because it does not appear in the default programs list. How can I retrieve Photo Explosion as my default photo program.

BonnieDodge, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Photo program options with new Win 10 computer.

1. Photo program options with new Win 10 computer. - Similar Threads - Photo program options

2. new update deleted files and programs. win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new update deleted files and programs. win 10: latest update for win 10 deleted programs and files, had to restore to earlier version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-deleted-files-and-programs-win-10/57d72fb9-3fcf-4e34-ac63-ecb8dbc1f557
  3. new update deleted files and programs. win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new update deleted files and programs. win 10: latest update for win 10 deleted programs and files, had to restore to earlier version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-deleted-files-and-programs-win-10/57d72fb9-3fcf-4e34-ac63-ecb8dbc1f557
  4. new update deleted files and programs. win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Video Editor in Photos Save Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Video Editor in Photos Save Option: Using Windows 10, I can use the video editor contained within the photo app to split a video into two segments. However it seems the only option to save the two new files is via the cloud, which I don't want to do. I've seen in other posts people referring to a 'save a...
  6. Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer PROGRAMS and files to new win 10 laptop: Hi all, Can someone tell me how to transfer PROGRAMS, files and settings from my old windows 10 laptop to my new windows 10 laptop? I want to transfer the programs also, not just the file and settings. Also, both systems are 32 bit. Thanks John...
  7. Image of disk before/after installing programs on Win 10 new computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image of disk before/after installing programs on Win 10 new computer?: I am in the process of setting up a new HP computer, Win 10, Ver 1803, Build 17134.191. It has a partition with the O/S etc. on it to restore. 1) I want to make an image of the new computer disk on an external disk in case the new disk goes bad. Should I make the image...
  8. activation win 10 in new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation win 10 in new computer: Hi, I know my English is terrible, but... I have a one big problem: I participated in the testing of windows 10 and I got a free key from you (unfortunately I lost it), I worked earlier on the original windows 7 but on the new computer I can not install win 7 because as...
  9. Adding new options to This Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding new options to This Computer in Windows 10: Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add more options to This PC in Windows 10 beyond the default set of Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos? I would like to add at least one more option like New Folder shown below: [img] 94955
  10. No brightness option on new computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    No brightness option on new computer?: I just bought a new computer and new display and for some reason I cannot turn down my brightness. There just is no option where it should be. Is this an issue with my display or system? 80882