Windows 10: Photo resolution

Discus and support Photo resolution in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I change photos resolution in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cvsharon, Dec 2, 2019.

1. cvsharon Win User

Photo resolution

How do I change photos resolution in windows 10

:)

cvsharon, Dec 2, 2019

2. Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 2, 2019
  3. gbr2 Win User
    photo resolution

what is the pixel resolution of the photos used for "people" inthe contact list?

gbr2, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Photo resolution

Photo resolution

Hi,

There are two ways for you to check the resolution of your saved picture from your photo library:

• On the right top corner of the photo viewer, click the 3 dots and select
      File info
    • Right-click the picture and select File info.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Photo resolution

1. Photo resolution - Similar Threads - Photo resolution

2. Copying from Photos app ignoring default resolution in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying from Photos app ignoring default resolution in Word: Hello!I have been having a back and forth regarding incredibly large .docx file sizes here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/copy-paste-photograph-into-word-ignores-default/3a0cc5e3-34ac-4b59-bf28-7745b26f0f0aIt has been suggested I ask here as people...
  3. Copying from Photos app ignoring default resolution in Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying from Photos app ignoring default resolution in Word: Hello!I have been having a back and forth regarding incredibly large .docx file sizes here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/copy-paste-photograph-into-word-ignores-default/3a0cc5e3-34ac-4b59-bf28-7745b26f0f0aIt has been suggested I ask here as people...
  4. Error using Photos to trim MP4 higher than 4K resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error using Photos to trim MP4 higher than 4K resolution: I can use Win11's Photos app to trim MP4 files as long as the file is not higher than 4K. For example, if the MP4 is 4096x2048, I can trim, but if I try to trim an MP4 file that is 4320x2160, I get this error: "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this...
  5. Error using Photos to trim MP4 higher than 4K resolution

Error using Photos to trim MP4 higher than 4K resolution: I can use Win11's Photos app to trim MP4 files as long as the file is not higher than 4K. For example, if the MP4 is 4096x2048, I can trim, but if I try to trim an MP4 file that is 4320x2160, I get this error: "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this...
  6. Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login: One of the weirdest unexplained/unexplainable things I've ever seen. I have 20H2, and the last update of any type was KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components seven days ago. Every night I restart my computer before bed, every morning I log in. This morning...
  7. Is there a way to crop a very high resolution image (50.1MB, 12000x6750) in the 'Photos' app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to crop a very high resolution image (50.1MB, 12000x6750) in the 'Photos' app?: So I downloaded a PDF I wanted to turn into an image, ran it through online2pdf.com, and selected: 10 - High Quality, and 1200 dpi (best resolution). The PDF itself is a capture of a google slide. Anyways, I need to crop out the background part of the image. So when I go...
  8. Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution

Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution: Hi Since some weeks i have this problem that my photos in my Win 10 Photo app won't show in normal resolution. Also normaly if you zoom into a picture you can swipe with the left mouse button on the picture. This also does not work anymore. Its with every file type...
  9. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  10. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....