Windows 10: Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

Discus and support Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand. I have the camera set for portrait orientation. I have also have my monitor set in portrait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand.
    I have the camera set for portrait orientation.
    I have also have my monitor set in portrait orientation.
    The photos only render in landscape.

The Windows Photo Viewer does not allow me to view the series in portrait.

I am looking for a simple and free app that will allow me to set the frame for flipping through the images in portrait without having to re-orientate them every frame. Read them like a reading book in other words.

I took a quick look at XnView and Vueprint. Both are pricey and way overkill for what I seek to do.

Any thoughts? Solutions?

:)

mikeincousa, Feb 23, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Lock Screen Photo Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your lock screen photo is cut off is possibly because of its orientation/photo size. Most of the photos that are on the portrait orientation do not fit the screen causing it to be as if it was cut off or deleted. We suggest that you select a
    lock screen photo with a landscape orientation and see if it fits your screen.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 23, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

Screen Saver Photo Gallery: Photos Taken in Portrait Orientation Appear Sideways

Thanks, John Sarc.

I followed your link to the article by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), and went through the step-by-step instructions for running first
    SFC then DISM. This procedure didn't correct my problem. No errors were found in the System Files (good thing!).

In Screen Saver, cycling photos from the Pictures storage folder that were originally taken in Portrait orientation still manifest sideways (meaning: rotated 90° counter-clockwise) on the screen.

After poking about on the net a bit, I suspect that the Windows 10 Screen Saver isn't able to interpret the EXIF orientation tags that are now part of the data stored with all photos (even though other components of Windows do interpret the data right—for
    example, in File Explorer those same Portrait photos display upright). Doesn't someone at Microsoft just need to write a few lines of code to fix Screen Saver?

Paul A. Rainbow, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

1. Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen - Similar Threads - Photo Rotatioin Portriat

2. photo orientation in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo orientation in file explorer: My photo files are stored on an external hard drive attached to my W10 PC. Using the Details view in File Explorer, and selecting the Orientation column, most of the photos indicate "Normal" under Orientation. A few indicate "Rotate 270 Degrees". What does this mean, and how...
  3. photo orientation in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo orientation in file explorer: My photo files are stored on an external hard drive attached to my W10 PC. Using the Details view in File Explorer, and selecting the Orientation column, most of the photos indicate "Normal" under Orientation. A few indicate "Rotate 270 Degrees". What does this mean, and how...
  4. photo orientation in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Photo Orientation on Old Scanned Photos is Wrong and Corrections Do Not Last

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Orientation on Old Scanned Photos is Wrong and Corrections Do Not Last: I loaded some old scanned photos from a thumb drive into my new computer with Microsoft 11 Home. The original scanned photos were scanned in 2008-2009. I had corrected the orientation of the photos that needed it back then, but now that I have put these same files on my new...
  6. Photo Orientation on Old Scanned Photos is Wrong and Corrections Do Not Last

Photo Orientation on Old Scanned Photos is Wrong and Corrections Do Not Last: I loaded some old scanned photos from a thumb drive into my new computer with Microsoft 11 Home. The original scanned photos were scanned in 2008-2009. I had corrected the orientation of the photos that needed it back then, but now that I have put these same files on my new...
  7. streamed photo orientation

streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  8. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  9. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen: I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand. I have the camera set for portrait orientation. I have also have my monitor set in portrait orientation. The photos only render in landscape. The Windows Photo Viewer does not allow me to view the series in...