Windows 10: Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro...

Discus and support Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just started using Windows 10 for the first time on my new Laptop which I use in the field as an amateur photographer. When taking pictures on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steve_hi11, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro...

I have just started using Windows 10 for the first time on my new Laptop which I use in the field as an amateur photographer. When taking pictures on my phone due to the way I hold it, my photos are always upside down and had to go through the process of rotating all of them one by one on my old laptop which ran on 7 pro.

I have found picture tools allows you to rotate many photos in one go which saves a lot of time. After reviewing all my photos on a recent trip I backed them up to an external hard drive which I used when I got home to transfer the pictures to my desktop system which is running on windows 7. To my horror I find that none of my phone photos have been rotated!! Why is this what have I missed out?

:)

steve_hi11, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro...

1. Photo rotation not preserved when moving files from a windows 10 laptop to windows 7 pro... - Similar Threads - Photo rotation preserved

2. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...
  3. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...
  4. Windows 10 photo's app: How to move pictures while preserving which "photo app album" each...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 photo's app: How to move pictures while preserving which "photo app album" each...: I have windows 10, and use the photo's app to organize pictures. I use the "albums" feature to sort my pictures into different albums. I just installed a new SSD drive to make it faster and add capacity. I want to move my photo's from my old drive say D: to my new drive call...
  5. Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10: I seem to have 2 separate locations for photos since getting a new pc with windows 10. If I wish to upload a photo to a website ads etc. the "pictures" folder opens, but the picture required may be in "photos" app? Can I transfer all photos from "photos" to "pictures"? so...
  6. Issue when updateing from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue when updateing from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro: I get the following message every time I try to update my PC from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. "The system registry contains invalid file paths. Installation cannot proceed. This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignment would match...
  7. Move icon database file from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Move icon database file from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello, First post here after years of tweaking Windows 7. Hope I like 10 as much I did 7... This weekend I'm doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro after years of using Windows 7 Pro. Over time I created many custom folder icons. I'm trying to find a way to carry those...
  8. Moving Files from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Moving Files from Windows 7 to Windows 10: The messages I am getting after 5.5 hours of trying to move data is that I do not have permission as the administrator when I am the administrator. Coming up with building he copy with file names that I do not know why they are there. This is 100% Microsoft programs. Also...
  9. Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello everyone. This is my first time using this forum, was already on sevenforums before so I came to this forum since I am moving to Windows 10 OS. If I posted in wrong section, administrator please move to correct thread or something, I'm new to use of forum. Anyway, my...
  10. Moving from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

Moving from Windows 10 to Windows 7.: I am currently using windows 10. I want to go to, not downgrade or go back to, I want to go to windows 7. I was surfing the internet (Youtube) and I saw some videos, however, most of them are demonstrating how to downgrade to windows 7 and in order to do that, you're going to...