Windows 10: Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

Discus and support Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand. I have the camera set for portrait orientation. I have also have my monitor set in portrait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand.
    I have the camera set for portrait orientation.
    I have also have my monitor set in portrait orientation.
    The photos only render in landscape.

The Windows Photo Viewer does not allow me to view the series in portrait.

I am looking for a simple and free app that will allow me to set the frame for flipping through the images in portrait without having to re-orientate them every frame. Read them like a reading book in other words.

I took a quick look at XnView and Vueprint. Both are pricey and way overkill for what I seek to do.

Any thoughts? Solutions?

PS. I thought to check the camera settings: they are fixed at 640 x 480 without any obvious way to change the aspect ratio at any resolution level. So it seems like software is the only way to get to where I want to go?

:)

mikeincousa, Feb 23, 2019

2. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to
    open the same photo with Windows Photo Viewer or FastStone Image Viewer and the programs are unable to rotate the photo at all. The only application that is then able to change the orientation of that same photo is the Photos app, however I run into the same
    problem yet again. I now have numerous photos that are in the wrong orientation or flipped upside down with no way to rotate them back to normal. This happens with JPEGs, DNGs, CR2s, and just about any type of photo.

James.Spencer, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Mayfly Win User
    Auto Photo Rotation

W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop.

Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme.

Even when looking at them in explorer when they are the correct orientation when I try to insert them in MS Word they are are at 90degs. In Word it doesn't seem to matter if I have rotated them in viewer or not they still end up 'on their side'.

It's doing my head in.

Can any one help please?

Mayfly, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

wrong rotated photos in the photo frame

When I display the photos on the photo frame, they are often rotated in the wrong way. These photos I take using the phone, then transfer them to the computer and then to the photo frame. The problem is Windows automatically adjusts the photo orientation

JohnnyBremer, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

1. Photo Rotation | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen - Similar Threads - Photo Rotation Portriat

2. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  3. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  4. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Auto-Fix Software to reset orientation of incoming rotated iPhone photos ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Fix Software to reset orientation of incoming rotated iPhone photos ??: Quick Question for the Windows 10 Brain Trust about photo orientation. As most probably know, when an Email arrives with an iPhone photo attached, and it’s click opened with Microsoft office, the photo is very often rotated 90* to the horizontal. And of course, we can...
  6. Rotation of Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation of Photos: Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.16210.0 I am now running this new Photo program on Windows 10. On Windows 7 you could rotate the pictures 90degrees or 180degrees. You did not have to only go one way. Is there any place to change this setting, ( besides setting, that did not...
  7. Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Rotatioin | Portriat orientation in photo and on monitor screen: I am photographing 8 x 11.5 documents using a copy stand. I have the camera set for portrait orientation. I have also have my monitor set in portrait orientation. The photos only render in landscape. The Windows Photo Viewer does not allow me to view the series in...
  8. Wrong rotated photos in the photo frame

Wrong rotated photos in the photo frame: When I display the photos on the photo frame, they are often rotated in the wrong way. These photos I take using the phone, then transfer them to the computer and then to the photo frame. The problem is Windows automatically adjusts the photo orientation....
  9. wrong rotated photos in the photo frame

wrong rotated photos in the photo frame: When I display the photos on the photo frame, they are often rotated in the wrong way. These photos I take using the phone, then transfer them to the computer and then to the photo frame. The problem is Windows automatically adjusts the photo orientation...
  10. Rotate Photo

Rotate Photo: Dear Sir/Madam, there is no such option that I can rotate image left side clock wise.How to Rotate Photo clock wise left side???? thete is only one option for right side but not left side In windows 10 Pro please look at below image. [ATTACH] Thanks &...