Windows 10: Photo Save Location after editing

Discus and support Photo Save Location after editing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings: for a few months now, there has been a change in where my photos go after I edit them with the windows 10 photo app. In the past, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M. StuartKendall, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Photo Save Location after editing

Greetings: for a few months now, there has been a change in where my photos go after I edit them with the windows 10 photo app. In the past, when I used to click on the save as icon, the system responded with a dialogue box that allowed me to choose the place where I want to save the photo. The new method does not ask me where I want to save the photo. The new method just places the edited photo inside the folder that housed the photo, even back on an external memory card or harddrive. Is there any manner to go back to choosing the location after I conduct an edit?

:)

M. StuartKendall, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Photo edits and saving

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

1. What is the file format of the Photo?

2. Have you installed all pending updates?

3. Are you able to download and save photos from browser?

4. Is the issue is particular to edited photos?

5. Are you logged in as Admin?

6. In which location are you trying to save picture?

I suggest you to save picture to Desktop and check if that helps

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

• If you can't save a photo in Photo Gallery, one of the following reasons might be the cause:

• The photo properties attribute is set to Read-only. To change a photo’s read-only property, right-click the photo and select Properties. Under the General tab, in the Attributes group, uncheck Read-only, and then click Apply.

• The photo is stored in a read-only location like shared network file, a CD or DVD, or other location where you can’t change its properties. To save a copy of a photo to your PC where you can edit it, double-click the photo and then, on the Edit tab, in
    the Manage group, click Make a copy. Select a file type, choose a location on your PC to save the photo, and then click Save.

• The photo is an unsupported file type. Photo Gallery can't open or edit all photo file types. To save a copy of photo and change it's file type to a format that you can edit, double-click the photo and then, on the Edit tab, in the Manage group, click
    Make a copy. Select a file type, and then click Save.

• The photo might have been deleted or moved after you selected it for editing. Restore the photo to its original location, and then try to edit the photo again.

Boot into Safe Mode and check are you able to save.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Photo Save Location after editing

Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Photo Save Location after editing

1. Photo Save Location after editing - Similar Threads - Photo Save Location

2. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  3. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  4. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location: I am currently using Windows Photo Gallery 2012, Build 16.4.3528.331. I just had my Windows 10 hard drive replaced to another Windows 10 hard drive and now my photos are not saving to the proper location.This is how it used to work before the new drive was installed:I would...
  5. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location: I am currently using Windows Photo Gallery 2012, Build 16.4.3528.331. I just had my Windows 10 hard drive replaced to another Windows 10 hard drive and now my photos are not saving to the proper location.This is how it used to work before the new drive was installed:I would...
  6. Photo Gallery not saving edited photos to the desired location

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Saved edited photo not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved edited photo not found: Windows 10. Opened a photo using "Photos" , edited photo, only option available is Save a Copy. No choice as to location for saved photo. Where is the saved photo?...
  8. Saving Edited photos

Saving Edited photos: Sometimes, but not always when I edit a picture and go to save it, the program seems to stop, it spins and spins as if it is trying to save but never accomplishes it. What can I do to fix this? Jamie...
  9. unable to save edited photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save edited photos: I'm unable to save edited photos. They are mine, I took them and placed them on my Windows laptop and share them with my iphone and ipad. I do not understand technobabble. I need the editing format to work, simple as that, I need the fix. If someone answers that if I share to...
  10. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...