Windows 10: photo system same on pc as desktop why?

Discus and support photo system same on pc as desktop why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my photos on my "desktop system" are all in named folders so why are they duplicated on the "pc system"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by georgezzz, Jan 11, 2021.

1. georgezzz Win User

photo system same on pc as desktop why?

my photos on my "desktop system" are all in named folders so why are they duplicated on the "pc system"

:)

georgezzz, Jan 11, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 11, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photo system same on pc as desktop why? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 11, 2021
  4. photo system same on pc as desktop why?

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

photo system same on pc as desktop why?

1. photo system same on pc as desktop why? - Similar Threads - photo system same

2. why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?: I prefer using the old desktop/user interface and tools as a very quick and efficient way of editing large numbers of photos. I expected Photos Legacy to provide that same desktop/UI. The older version of Photos for Windows 10 had simpler and faster editing tools for...
  3. why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does Photos Legacy open with the same desktop as Photos?: I prefer using the old desktop/user interface and tools as a very quick and efficient way of editing large numbers of photos. I expected Photos Legacy to provide that same desktop/UI. The older version of Photos for Windows 10 had simpler and faster editing tools for...
  4. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  5. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  6. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  7. Why the result of PC checking .are not the same??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the result of PC checking .are not the same??: when i use ..window pc health check up.... the result is my computer has TPM 2.0 and pass all requirements for Windows 11. But in Window Update, it said doesn't meet the requirements. My PC is one year old. Is this mean you stop giving free upgrade?...
  8. Why the result of PC checking .are not the same??

Why the result of PC checking .are not the same??: when i use ..window pc health check up.... the result is my computer has TPM 2.0 and pass all requirements for Windows 11. But in Window Update, it said doesn't meet the requirements. My PC is one year old. Is this mean you stop giving free upgrade?...
  9. System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Folders: Downloads, and Desktop system folders are same name: I tried moving my Desktop System Folder location to hard drive D:/ 1. On my File Explorer folder, I right clicked on Desktop System Folder on the This PC tab 2. Clicked on Properties 3. Clicked Location Tab 4. Set Location to D:/ 5. Applied then pressed okay Did the same...
  10. Desktop and images share the same system folder...help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and images share the same system folder...help!: How can i seperate these folders without a fresh windows installation? I made a video showing the problem. If I right click - properties then move the location of the folder, both folders are also moved. They stay 1 folder. Windows 10 system folders messes up -...