Windows 10: Photo Tagging

Discus and support Photo Tagging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Francisco Aragao, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Photo Tagging

Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10.

Thanks.

:)

Francisco Aragao, Oct 16, 2019

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Photo Tagging

Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Photo Tagging

1. Photo Tagging - Similar Threads - Photo Tagging

2. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  3. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  4. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  6. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  7. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  8. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  9. Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.: Hi I have a problem I need to tag all photos in a video in Photo old version. But somehow I can't mark everything in the video bar at once. I hope you can help me....
  10. Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.

Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.: Hi I have a problem I need to tag all photos in a video in Photo old version. But somehow I can't mark everything in the video bar at once. I hope you can help me....