Windows 10: Photo thumbnail picture

Discus and support Photo thumbnail picture in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pwdiver, Aug 18, 2015.

1. pwdiver Win User

Photo thumbnail picture

When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image

:)

pwdiver, Aug 18, 2015
  2. mackjd Win User

Picture Thumbnails

Upgraded to Windows 10. When I open a folder with pictures in it, I get only icons and no thumbnails. This applies to photos in folders I use to store pictures. In the standard Photos app, those pictures DO show a thumbnail. "Always show icons, not thumbnails"
    is NOT checked. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

mackjd, Aug 18, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    Windows Phone 8.1 pictures not displaying on emails.

This is a thumbnail of the picture that is
    attached to the email.

Below the thumbnail is a line that says 'save all photos". Tap this and the full size photo is saved to your saved pictures folder. Go to your photos tile on the start screen, albums, saved pictures to view the picture.

You can only view a picture in the email if it has been
    inserted.

garym123, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 18, 2015
  5. If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Photo thumbnail picture [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  6. pwdiver Win User
    Thanks for the info it was in my Performance setting's, I now have thumb nail Pic's*Smile

pwdiver, Aug 18, 2015
  7. razbak Win User
    Although this thread is nearly a yea old it still helped me...so a big thanks.

razbak, Apr 23, 2016
  8. Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

booksbenji, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Photo thumbnail picture

1. Photo thumbnail picture - Similar Threads - Photo thumbnail picture

2. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  3. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  4. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  5. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  6. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  7. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  8. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  9. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  10. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...