Windows 10: Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????

Discus and support Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have decided on taking on the tedious task of organizing ALL my photos. In doing this, I chose a method involving selecting all the pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Randico, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Randico Win User

Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????

Hello,

I have decided on taking on the tedious task of organizing ALL my photos. In doing this, I chose a method involving selecting all the pictures with me Randy in it and moving them to a temporary folder to rename them all at once, Randy since windows automatically add # after Randy to all them.

While looking through my photo thumbnails, I noticed a pattern emerged that the photos containing my face took 1 to 3 seconds longer to load. Does windows explorer, Photos, or other program running in the background look for faces in photos, or does anything similar? That is the only explanation I feel it could be that every single thumbnail that I have to wait for is one of my face or another close up face picture, sometimes in a pool of many thumbnails without any face on it.

Also, are their any settings I can try changing that would help?

Thank you for the help. Stay safe.

:)

Randico, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 16, 2020
  3. photo thumbnails

Hello,

Please refer suggestions mentioned here:

Not able to View thumbnails on Windows 8.1 Pro.. Tried Everything Almost !

If you still face the issue, try to reset thumbnail cache with these steps:

1. Open administrative Command Prompt.

2. Type following commands one-by-one and press Enter after each:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

start explorer.exe

3. Reboot the machine, which should rebuild thumbnail cache.

Let me know if this helps

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook

Privacy Matters

We’ve continued to engage with privacy experts, academics, regulators and people on Facebook about how we use face recognition and the options you have to control it.

We’ve made the steps to update your settings clearer and you can opt to leave your setting off right in the notice, as opposed to having to go to a separate screen. If you do nothing, face recognition will remain off for you.

Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load???? [​IMG]

There’s also an opportunity to review information about our technology and the features it powers so that you can make the choice that’s right for you.

Finally, Facebook’s face recognition technology still does not recognize you to strangers. We don’t share your face recognition information with third parties. We also don’t sell our technology.

These changes will be effective globally starting today.

Source: An Update About Face Recognition on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load???? - Similar Threads - Photo Thumbnails face

2. Image thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Image thumbnails not loading: Hello,A few days ago my laptop went bluescreen and restarted itself. Afterward, it became slow going through folders and files, windows become not responding a lot. Meanwhile, program icons always failed to load, often reappear after refresh. Image thumbnails stopped...
  3. External drive takes long time load thumbnails

External drive takes long time load thumbnails: So I have an external drive connected to my main Alienware Laptop via either usb, I do a lot of photo editing and processing but I've found the biggest time waster for me is whenever I browse through my thumbnail files on any of my external drives, they take such a long time...
  4. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  5. Photos app take time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app take time to load: Dear Microsoft Community, Photos app is an amazing app that offers a lot of features but there is a problem which I am facing for a long and now can't bear it anymore, it takes a lot of time to start when I click on any image to open it. It is frustrrrrating and Please...
  6. Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer: As of earlier today I noticed that newly downloaded images are not displaying their thumbnails. Went online to look for solutions, looks like a lot of users are having this problem but very few have had offered solutions that aren't completely generic or pulled from a Third...
  7. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  8. The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load: I have a brand new souped up PC with a clean install of Windows10 Pro. Here is the issue. When I first boot the PC everything is refreshingly fast. It boots fast, it is ready to use fast and applications (e.g., Microsoft Word) load in what might be called a blink of the...
  9. My photo thumbnails are broken

My photo thumbnails are broken: I discovered that all my photo thumbnail broke down. Yesterday I cleared my photo thumbnails with disk cleanup and then restarted the system but it didn’t help. Could you help me to solve this problem?...
  10. Thumbnails no longer displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails no longer displaying: I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows [img] 31121